WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Addicted Hiker and Donating Member Hammock Hanger's Avatar
    Images

Default Poll hiking with trail legends...

I wasn't aware that Weather Carrot or Rammbunny were hiking legends. (They definately are widely known thru out the hiking commuity.) I w have had the pleasure of hiking and sharing shelter time with both. BTW: Did ya know that Rambunny had to interupt her yoyo hike of 2002 due to Lyme Disease. I heard a statistic that 1 out of 6 hikers during the 2002 season was affected in some way by Lyme's. (It was hear say so I can not back up that number but having had the tick bite myself I can readily believe it.) Hammock Hanger
    Hammock Hanger -- Life is my journey and I'm surely not rushing to the "summit"...:D

http://www.gcast.com/u/hammockhanger/main

Former Admin

Hammock Hanger,

Being widely known makes people legends.

Your a legend yourself! I was reffering to them as hikers that have done multiple thru-hikes (more than 2). Yes I knew about Ram Bunnys aborted southbound hike, but now I think she has the womens record for thrus atleast the paper said it was record setting. I think 3 consecutive thru's qualifys her as a legend. I had been following her journey in the Indianapolis Star newspaper (friends of mine from Indy send me the clippings). The paper said she contracted Lymes in Pennsylvania.

I also met both this year, Ram Bunny in Fontana and Weather Carrot a few days later in the Smokys (great people).

ummm.... nimblewill nomad (sp)

Former Admin

Originally posted by Dirtyoldman
    ummm.... nimblewill nomad (sp)
    Yes he should be included also, but hey I just whipped that poll together with no thought at all in a couple minutes, maybe I should have been more thorough, oh well

Addicted Hiker and Donating Member Hammock Hanger's Avatar
    Images

Hey I agree all those names on the list are definately very well known and could and should be trail legends. In fact I was very pleased to to see i know and have meet most. Rambunny is one hiking fool let me tell ya. Such a sweet, always upbeat and go go go. I find it interesting that the poll shows most would like to hike with Baltimore Jack. (Me a legend, !! Nay, just an old broken down hiker moseying along.) Hammock Hanger
    Hammock Hanger -- Life is my journey and I'm surely not rushing to the "summit"...:D

http://www.gcast.com/u/hammockhanger/main

++ New Posts ++