WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: Hot chocolate

Default Hot chocolate

Here's an easy recipie I saw on the Food Network for hot cocoa. This is yummy stuff and you can prepare to taste. Plus, no more packets to carry out. (Of course you could buy that bulk chemical infused stuff)

2 cups powdered sugar
    1 cup cocoa
    2 1/2 cups powdered milk
    1 teaspoon salt
    2 teaspoons cornstarch
    Hot water

Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and incorporate evenly. In a small pot, heat water.

Fill your mug half full with the mixture and pour in hot water. Stir to combine. Seal the rest in an airtight container, keeps indefinitely in the pantry.

This also works great with warm milk.

Smiley G

Bloody Cactus MadAussieInLondon's Avatar

1 tsp salt? thats a lot of salt, and salt is strong. i understand putting the sodium back in but 1tsp would alter the taste wouldnt it??
    -- [TrailName :: Bloody Cactus] --

Hmmm,

I just copied and pasted from Food Network. I've made a batch of this, it was excellent.

Everything is to taste, if you don't want as much salt, don't put as much. The salt works with everything to produce a balanced taste. You can't really taste the salt, but if it wasn't there you'd think something was missing.

Just in case there was a misunderstanding, that is 1 teaspoon, not tablespoon.

ENJOY!

++ New Posts ++