WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: bag o' vino

Default bag o' vino

Anyone ever had that nectar of the gods they call Franzia? Just think of those college nights where someone ditched the box and carried that rose tinted, 5 liter bag just waiting for a slap...

ANYWAY, has anyone used it for a drom on the trail? I'm about halfway through a bag and was thinking I'd test it's durability and possibly incorporate it to that hydration system everyones talking about. It has a valve that you can take on and off, not sure if a straw is possible but hey...

Let me know y'all
    "no really, look at your butt after sitting in those shorts!"

the hiker formaly known as Wonderfoot
    Images

A friend of mine used one for a pillow

The long brown path before me leading wherever I choose............................................ ...
    Strong and content I travel the open road
    ~Walt Whitman Song of the open road

Images

IIRC Mags takes one along, but he says he drains it as he goes. Of course, this is in the best tradition of UL hiking, as the "sack 'o' wine" doubles as a pillow. There is a touch of genius in that when you think about it.

1. buy a water pillow / bag from campmor. 2. slit the side seam and take out the original bladder. 3.sew velcro along the side seam. 4.replace the bladder with the wine sack. same valve, adds durability to the wine sack. 5. enjoy sunset with a nice white Rhine!

++ New Posts ++