WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Help with Osprey Pack

I am looking to purchase the atmos 65, trouble is no stores around me carry the pack. They do have the atmos 50 and the Large fits well. Does anyone know if the atmos 65 Large will fit the same as the atmos 50 Large? I am very hesitant about buying gear without first trying it out.

Well, you can always buy it from rei or the like and try it on at home. If it doesn't fit, return it.

If it's any consolation, I bought the osprey crescent 85 sight unseen and it fit great.

I think that the fit would be the same. I heard that the 65 was REI exclusive. I don't know on that point though. I have the 50 and with over 30 days on the trail with it I still think it's one of my best gear buys ever.
    YMMV. Peace. JJB.
    Be who you are and say what you feel. Those who mind don’t matter, and those that matter don’t mind. - Dr. Seuss<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Campmor has the Atmos65 about a week ago!

Default Ems

I've seen this pack at EMS also. In fact, I went so far as to bring in my gear and test load it up.

with a case of blind faith
    Images

Might try MRO.

mtrogersoutfitters.com

EMS in S. Burlington, VT has the 65 in stock now. Am considering buying this pack, but the suspension/hip belt looks a bit flimsy since I am used to my old DD Terraplane. I want something for week long trips without all the size of the Dana and I guess the Atmos would work with light loads (25 to 35lbs). EMS did not have the Osprey Aether series in stock which seems to have a better suspension system so I'll check around. Interested in comments from anyone who has field experience with the Aether and Atmos packs, especially if they also have used the Dana in the past.

Gulestar:

Since you're in North Carolina, I suggest you call Wayne Crosby, the co-owner of Bluff Mt. Outfitters in Hot Springs (828)622-7162. Wayne is about the best pack-fitter I know, plus he's had years of experience as an Osprey dealer. I VERY strongly suggest that whatever pack you ultimately decide on, you get it professionally fitted by someone who knows what he's doing, and there aren't three people on the whole A.T. who know more about this than Wayne. I'm quite sure that if you let him know what packs you're interested in, he'll make sure they're on hand when you arrive, if, of course, he doesn't have them in stock already.

Images

I owned the Atmos 50 for awhile, then returned it for the Atmos 65. They fit very similar. While wearing the 65, you can tell it's a slightly bigger pack than the 50, but overall fit is about the same, IMHO.

++ New Posts ++