WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Default Haven's BUDGET INN of Franklin,NC

We give free shuttles to/from Franklin to Rock,Wallace and Winding Stair Gaps on our motel shuttle bus From March til May.We always have great rates
    for hiker year around.For a warm experience to A T hikers please ad us in your
    plans.We always love to see the hiker season coming.(828)524-4403

GA-ME-04
    Images

Default Fine people

I had the pleasure of staying at the Haven Motel last year and I could'nt have asked for anything better. Ron drove me wherever I needed to go and made sure that everything was taken care of. Thanks Ron!

Where exactly in Franklin is the BUDGET INN? And what are your rates for a single since I never share rooms.

The Haven is at the other end of the town from the K-Mart plaza; it's closer to the Post Office.

I ran into Mr. Haven last week in Franklin when I was keeping Janet company on a shuttle, and he was wonderful. He's fixed up a small school bus expressly to do shuttles (around town, to the Trailhead, etc.) and seemed very enthusiastic about the upcoming hiker season.

I have seldom gone into Franklin in the past, but with Rainbow Springs Campground being closed, I think most hikers will be going there this year. I expect to be one of them, and I look forward to staying at the Haven.

(Wolf: I'm not entirely sure, but I think singles are $38.50 give or take a buck, but you might want to call and confirm this).

Well I've been staying at the Franklin Motel for 18 years but may try the Haven.

Franklin is a great trail town, and is only likely to become more friendly. I don't know this motel personally, but I've enjoyed the Franklin Motel and neighboring diners and shops. Three Eagles is a good outfitter. The BBQ is fabulous at Fat Buddy's (get the ribs). I think the ABC store is near the post office.

Just be careful driving around there. I think speeders have been a prime fund raiser for the town.

Section Hiker 500 miles smokymtnsteve's Avatar
    Images

you are certainly correct about the enforcement of traffic laws in that section of NC, the entire route of 441 between the GA line and cherokee NC is heavily patroled, an out of state tag is prime,

"if it's tourist season, why can't we hunt them"

the NC state troopers do.
    "I'd rather kill a man than a snake. Not because I love snakes or hate men. It is a question, rather, of proportion." Edward Abbey

Images

Thumbs up Haven's Motel

Grass stayed at Haven's almost exactly a year ago and raved about the service.

RainMan

[I]ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit....[/I]. Numbers 35

[url]www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker[/url]

All my friends and thanks for the great recommendations.Thanks to all of you who visit Franklin,NC Ron Haven (trail Rascal)

Quote Originally Posted by L. Wolf
    Where exactly in Franklin is the BUDGET INN? And what are your rates for a single since I never share rooms.
    We are located on
    433 E. Palmer Street Which is really old 64.We are 1/4 block to downtown,and
    yes werw 1/2 block to the post office.For Hikers we have $35. year around for
    King bed or two doubles.This rate is for 2 guest and $5 ea for ea. additional.

Quote Originally Posted by L. Wolf
    Well I've been staying at the Franklin Motel for 18 years but may try the Haven.
    Wolf we are 1 and 1/2 block east of Franklin Motel
    Give us a try and I'll work hard to see your happy,Ron Haven

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Man

RainMan

thanks GRASS,

Quote Originally Posted by Slimer
    I had the pleasure of staying at the Haven Motel last year and I could'nt have asked for anything better. Ron drove me wherever I needed to go and made sure that everything was taken care of. Thanks Ron!
    Slimer the pleasure is mine.Your are welcome and I thank you for the chance to serve you,Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Man

RainMan

Thanks Rain Man.Also we publish the Franklin Hiker tour guide of all
    reatuarants,grocery stores,outfitters,hiker friendly places and a list of all the places hikers need to stop.If anyone needs one send me a stamped and an
    addressed envelope and I will be glad to send them one free.Ron

I stayed at the Haven Motel last year for several days. Great people and he will do most anything to help hikers. I plan on stopping in again this year.

http://www.myspace.com/officialbillville Mountain Dew's Avatar

Default Fyi

The guy that owns the Haven Motel use to be a professional wrestler for what it's worth. Interesting character that seems to really like hikers. He told me that he had hiked quit a bite in the past as well.
    THE Mairnttt...Boys of Dryland '03 (an unplanned Billville suburb)
    http://www.AT2003.com
    [email protected]
    http://www.myspace.com/hudson_hartson

Default I was there today

Yes the Haven is a nice place. In 2002, I stayed at the MicroTel, but this place is much more friendly. My son, Captain Chaos was there on Easter, so I drove down to see him. Good Buffet Food Place close by, near the post office and a free shuttle to and from the Trail. Looks like the place of choice from here on out. Give it a try. Ron, good luck on your thru hike next year if you decide to try it.
    Rebel, with a Cause !!

Donating Member/AT Class of 2003 - The WET year
    Images

I stayed at the Microtel myself in 2003 ...but here is an excerpt from a 2005 hikers journal written just the other day.
    ==============================================
    ..."The short bus was a shuttle into Franklin, so I stuck my thumbs back in my pocket and got on the bus. That's right, I ride the short bus. It was run by Ron Haven, one of the motel owners in town and one of the friendliest people I've met so far. We went down into Franklin and checked into the Haven Budget Inn. I got a shower and headed off to the laundry. Ron happened to pass me on the street in his car and circled back around and gave me a lift. Saved me a mile or two. Did some laundry and spent the rest of the afternoon on the short bus as it shuttled the six or so hikers to various spots. Grocery store, Wal-Mart, and the Outfitters."
    ==============================================

If I hike through that area again I will definitely take advantage of this service !!

'Slogger
    AT 2003
    The more I learn ...the more I realize I don't know.

I stayed there last year. The place is fine, and Ronnie is a character.
    It is on the other side of town from the rib joint and the outfitter.

Nearby is a grocery store, and close to the grocery store is a down home place for breakfast that is not to be missed. Inexpensive and good.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel, with a Cause!
    Yes the Haven is a nice place. In 2002, I stayed at the MicroTel, but this place is much more friendly. My son, Captain Chaos was there on Easter, so I drove down to see him. Good Buffet Food Place close by, near the post office and a free shuttle to and from the Trail. Looks like the place of choice from here on out. Give it a try. Ron, good luck on your thru hike next year if you decide to try it.
    Thanks very much,all of you are always here at Haven's BUDGET INN. PS thanks for your patronage to
    Franklin,NC Ron Haven

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
++ New Posts ++