WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

:banana Ok Who's starting the same time as me

Im starting on March 25. Is anyone starting then or is everyone starting in the beganing of march. Im going to start off with about 5 to 12 miles a day for the first 2 weeks to get my pase going. But I plan to haul ass. Please also e-mail me at [email protected]..... Im just looking for a few people to hike with and maybe do a few weekand trips around VA and MD.

my partner and I are stayin at the lodge at amicalola falls the 18th and heading out the 19th. Im sure there's gonna be plenty of people starting around this time.

Images

Hi fonsie, I started a poll months ago where people selected within a 2-week range when they were starting. You can click on the #'s and see who all is in a category. Might give you an idea of who to contact directly and see which specific date. here's a link to that thread:

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=18298
    The Most Important Things In Life Are Not Things....

Fonz! My wife and I are starting the 24th maybe the 25th. So I'm sure we'll see you out there. You can email me at chicote (@) arteemovimento dot org.

Default March 25

fonsie & chicote!! I plan to start from Springer on this date also. But you young bucks may be a lot faster than me. Try not to kick up too much dust/snow as you pass me by!!

Here's a link to my online trail journal. http://www.trailjournals.com/cumberlandvalley/

Hope to see you there!
    Early Bird 2007

I will be starting from the approach trail on the march 27th. with a friend of mine sneakertramp.

Images

Thats cool early bird I might not be that fast at first. I have to loose 20 lbs before I start I some how got to 217lbs. Im doing a 10 mile day hike around the Harppers Ferry area with 25lbs in my pack. Im going to try to hike atleast 12 miles 3 days a week till I can quite this part time job then I can get out on 3 day weekand trips.

Fonzi,
    I was 224lbs. at the start of my 2002 hike at age 49. Take your time and don't hurt yourself. The pounds and the miles will pass. I was able to do 20 mile days when I wanted to w/o any problems from Damascus on and finished at 165lbs.
    geek

Earlybird gets the worm! We can't say that for ourselves. I have a knee to ease into so no worries on pace. We won't have jobs so we won't be rushing. It's awesome you maintain part of the trail — many thanks for your efforts and congratulations on retiring. I hope to retire as early as you do when my time comes.

Default start date

hey there. my hiking partner and i are flying down the 24th and starting either that day of the 25th. so im sure well cross paths.

Default start date

hey there. my hiking partner and i are flying down the 24th and starting either that day of the 25th. so im sure well cross paths.

Default start date

++ New Posts ++