WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: Hiker Turn On

Default Hiker Turn On

About two months ago, somebody gave me (at Whiteblaze) an internet address where you could type in city in North Georgia and date range between months to get the average and low temperatures for the period between range entered.

If that person is still out there, can you please resubmitt the internet address for this site. seems like it was an experimental test site for "thru hikers" have upgraded system and failed to save this particular link.

'preciate it... and Yankee, just do it....Hog on Ice, still one of the best trail names out there..

my opinion of course.

Images

Default old address...

Penscal, I'm not the original poster but I saved that address and the page seems to be gone. Maybe the original poster is still out there with an update.

http://thru-hiker.com/test.asp

Default Huker turn-on

Yes, that is the web page, but can't get to the link, I knew I associated "thru-hiker' with the reference given, thanks for the clue, I will try searching site to see if I can find the "weather gage"

thanks again

LT '79; AT '73-'14 in sections; Donating Member Kerosene's Avatar
    Images

This isn't quite what you were looking for, Penscal, but it may provide you with similar results:

Go to www.weather.com and enter the name of the town you're interested in (e.g., Dahlonega, GA). When the forecast comes up, scroll down to the 10-day Forecast and click the burnt orange "Averages and Records" button. You'll see a list of average high/low/mean temperatures, record high/low, and mean precipitation for each month. If you click on a particular month, the above statistics are displayed for each day of the month, along with sunrise and sunset (very useful when hiking outside of summer).
    GA←↕→ME: 1973 to 2014

Images

Although this post was already answered on THru-hiker.com.....the link is:

http://www.thru-hiker.com/temporal.asp

Brian

Default Hiker turn-on

Thanks, that is the web site I was looking for.

preciate it.

++ New Posts ++