WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Hikers Beware

Default Hikers Beware

Interesting article I came across on Craigs List:

"DO NOT EAT PRINGLES FAT FREE POTATO CHIPS. THEY
    WILL GREASE YOU’RE ASS.

Don't even ******ing say a word. I like potato chips, and can't eat them very much or I'll get fat. I tried out these Pringles Fat-Free chips because they were super low-cal. BBQ flavor. the ******. The can said they had 70 calories per serving, which meant the whole can had 490 calories inside total. I could munch through a can in a day with my lunch, dinner, etc. So I got several cans, and began enjoying one a day for the past four days. But what they dont ******ing tell you...Except in tiny print you cant read without a ******ing electron microscope...is that the primary ingredient is something called "olean" which I have since learned is Latin for "Unwashable & Indestructible Ass Grease." Oh Yeah. I'm not even kidding. So today, while I'm standing in the living room debating whether or not Laundry or Dishes will get done first, I get the urge to fart. I live alone, so sweet. I let the honk loose and its wrong. Something just sounded wrong. I know my own wind, and I have never farted a sound that sounded like a fart wrapped in a pillow. Oh yes, something was very wrong. I had just shat myself. But this evil olean makes ********** yourself sound almost like a regular fart, and had I not been particularly attentive, it could easily have gone unnoticed, I'm telling you. THAT's how utterly covert and evil this olean stuff is. What the ******?! What if I'd gone out to hang with friends or gone for a drive, what then? So I walk carefully to the bathroom and disrobe. before I even sit on the toilet, I wad paper and carefully wipe from the front. Sure enough, it was light brown, and had the texture of soft spackle. You ******ing Pringle bastards.
    I sat down and pushed a bit, and lo, out came a jet that I didnt even feel an urge for one minute earlier. It piled in the bowl like brown marshmallow fluff. The problem rose when I tried to wipe. I went through a whole ******ing roll of TP and could not get it all off me. So. I jumped in the shower. Yep, its gross, but it had to be done. There I stood, water pouring down, cheeks
    spread, and using my own hand to make certain I'm clean. That was when I discovered that after using my hand to wipe myself (before I soaped the area) my hand came back covered in some sort of transparent grease. It was so ******ing foul. The grease made water bead off my hand. It was tacky too, and very difficult to manage. So I grabbed the bar of soap and went to work. You ******ing Pringle bastards. The bar of soap came away coated in grease as well, and would no longer wash. I had to turn the water to hot and massage the soap for five minutes to get it to the point where I could use it again. It took me an hour to get the ******ing grease off my pucker. I shudder to think of what its doing INSIDE ME right now, but I will damned sure never eat that ***** again. ******ing Pringle bastards. This is where the joke about "anal leakage" came from. its real. ****** Pringles."

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw View Post
    Interesting article I came across on Craigs List:

"DO NOT EAT PRINGLES FAT FREE POTATO CHIPS. THEY
    WILL GREASE YOU’RE ASS.

Don't even ******ing say a word. I like potato chips, and can't eat them very much or I'll get fat. I tried out these Pringles Fat-Free chips because they were super low-cal. BBQ flavor. the ******. The can said they had 70 calories per serving, which meant the whole can had 490 calories inside total. I could munch through a can in a day with my lunch, dinner, etc. So I got several cans, and began enjoying one a day for the past four days. But what they dont ******ing tell you...Except in tiny print you cant read without a ******ing electron microscope...is that the primary ingredient is something called "olean" which I have since learned is Latin for "Unwashable & Indestructible Ass Grease." Oh Yeah. I'm not even kidding. So today, while I'm standing in the living room debating whether or not Laundry or Dishes will get done first, I get the urge to fart. I live alone, so sweet. I let the honk loose and its wrong. Something just sounded wrong. I know my own wind, and I have never farted a sound that sounded like a fart wrapped in a pillow. Oh yes, something was very wrong. I had just shat myself. But this evil olean makes ********** yourself sound almost like a regular fart, and had I not been particularly attentive, it could easily have gone unnoticed, I'm telling you. THAT's how utterly covert and evil this olean stuff is. What the ******?! What if I'd gone out to hang with friends or gone for a drive, what then? So I walk carefully to the bathroom and disrobe. before I even sit on the toilet, I wad paper and carefully wipe from the front. Sure enough, it was light brown, and had the texture of soft spackle. You ******ing Pringle bastards.
    I sat down and pushed a bit, and lo, out came a jet that I didnt even feel an urge for one minute earlier. It piled in the bowl like brown marshmallow fluff. The problem rose when I tried to wipe. I went through a whole ******ing roll of TP and could not get it all off me. So. I jumped in the shower. Yep, its gross, but it had to be done. There I stood, water pouring down, cheeks
    spread, and using my own hand to make certain I'm clean. That was when I discovered that after using my hand to wipe myself (before I soaped the area) my hand came back covered in some sort of transparent grease. It was so ******ing foul. The grease made water bead off my hand. It was tacky too, and very difficult to manage. So I grabbed the bar of soap and went to work. You ******ing Pringle bastards. The bar of soap came away coated in grease as well, and would no longer wash. I had to turn the water to hot and massage the soap for five minutes to get it to the point where I could use it again. It took me an hour to get the ******ing grease off my pucker. I shudder to think of what its doing INSIDE ME right now, but I will damned sure never eat that ***** again. ******ing Pringle bastards. This is where the joke about "anal leakage" came from. its real. ****** Pringles."

beep beep neo

Donating Member/AT Class of 2003 - The WET year
    Images

Been there, done that ...but I didn't eat the whole can.

Had a pretty good case of the gallopin skids the day after.

Still like the original pringles on the trail though !!

'Slogger
    The more I learn ...the more I realize I don't know.

Chainsaw:

Thank you, for your, shall we say, extremely detailed post.

Very informative. As I'm on a diet at the moment, your story is worth remembering. I shall not soon forget about Fat Free Pringles.

And I also now know what to get Warren for Christmas!!

(Note to the humor impaired......that was a joke. I think.)

That is the funniest damn thing I've read in weeks.
    Don't take anything I say seriously... I certainly don't.

We need a new emoticon just for threads like this.

El Sordo
    Images

Never trust a fart.

It's not just Pringles -- the "Light" versions of Doritos, Tostitos, Ruffles, etc., are all made with Olestra and can have the same gastrointestinal effects, especially when consumed in large amounts! I can vouch for this!
    you left to walk the appalachian trail
    you can feel your heart as smooth as a snail
    the mountains your darlings
    but better to love than have something to scale

-Girlyman, "Hold It All At Bay"

Images

I am sitting in my classroom right now while my students are taking a test and couldn't help but laugh out loud. That's the funniest thing I've read in a long time!! My students think I'm nuts, and they're probably right.
    "It was on the first of May, in the year 1769, that I resigned my domestic happiness for a time, and left my family and peaceable habitation on the Yadkin River, in North Carolina, to wander through the wilderness of America." - Daniel Boone

Images

LOL this was very entertaining/warning....thanks for my morning wake up!
    Had a hard time holding on to my coffee up!!
    Life's too short not to have Credit Card bills...so Charge It!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lilredmg View Post
    I am sitting in my classroom right now while my students are taking a test and couldn't help but laugh out loud. That's the funniest thing I've read in a long time!! My students think I'm nuts, and they're probably right.
    Surfing WB while your students are testing? You are nuts.

Default ***** Happens

Thank You. I work for the sanitay district in my town, and I think to expand our business I,m going to suggest we send these out to people. Im thinking we will clean up on this, literally. While reading this now everybody in my office thinks I have lost my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Micky View Post
    Thank You. I work for the sanitay district in my town, and I think to expand our business I,m going to suggest we send these out to people. Im thinking we will clean up on this, literally. While reading this now everybody in my office thinks I have lost my mind.
    #1 in the #2 business?

Images

This isn't something new. Have you been under a rock for the last 6 years or so??????
    I thought there was even warnings on food with Olestra products about anal leakage.
    History of Olestra
    Last edited by Toolshed; 01-26-2007 at 15:57.
    .....Someday, like many others who joined WB in the early years, I may dry up and dissapear....

TMI! TMI!
    But usefull nonetheless. Will pass this along..... :-)
    ad astra per aspera

No, this isn't really new. When Olestra's effects were first discovered, they put a warning on packages saying "may cause anal leakage"! I always wondered who the ad person was that thought up that clever phrase.

Donating Member/AT Class of 2003 - The WET year
    Images

[quote=The Old Fhart;310607]No, this isn't really new. When Olestra's effects were first discovered, they put a warning on packages saying "may cause anal leakage"!

================================

Get Out ...are you serious ??

'Slogger
    The more I learn ...the more I realize I don't know.

Mrs. Tango and I eat the Reduced Fat Pringles.I had
    some for lunch today.I could not find Olean or Olestra
    listed on the label(which is bi-lingual btw) so maybe I
    will be safe at her school function tonight.I remember
    when Olestra first came out that it caused distress to lots
    of folks.Sorry to hear you had a bad experience.
    Cheers,
    Oldfivetango
    Keep on keeping on.

Default anal leakage

WOW! Thanks for the laugh! I came home from work in a bad ass mood.Almost started my thru hike today! LOL But I now feel better after that story! Thanks!

Footslogger-"Get Out ...are you serious ??"
    Check this site and you will find these warnings highlighted:

Olestra causes gastrointestinal disturbances, which are sometimes severe, including diarrhea, fecal urgency, and more frequent and looser bowel movements.

Olestra sometimes causes underwear staining associated with "anal leakage."

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
++ New Posts ++