WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default In Praise Of Me.

In celebration of my 400th post, surpassing by a good 20 posts or so the previous record for me posting on a site, a record which has stood since all the way back in 1998 when a fresh-faced rookie named Shane sat down in front of his landlord's computer and said, "how do I get to the Star Wars chat room?", I praise myself.

And then I pretend to be slightly shy and embarassed by the praise, but I am not.

And then I look back upon my first ever post, to see if the me from back then can make the me from now laugh as much as the me from 10/20/03 did, and I see this:

"Love Shaw's. Incredible people and a wonderful place. But a recommendation -- don't ask for Work for Stay if they're about to slaughter the cow."

I realize I am a genius, and resolve to forgo the false modesty when I praise myself in the future.

nice, very nice! AND good advice.
    geek

Jester2000-"....don't ask for Work for Stay if they're about to slaughter the cow."
    If this story involves a shovel and large quantities of potential sausage casings, I've heard enough!

But then there is a moment of doubt. Perhaps I am not a genius. In my first post I spell embarrassed with but one "r." A sense of shame begins to creep.

But then I remember that Aristotle always forgot when the cutoff date was for wearing white, and that Rousseau could never recall the words to "The Name Game."

Confident once more, I stride boldly towards post 500, where I shall misspell the word "colossal."

Thumbs up Billville Lives

Jeeze, I just noticed you are just 36. How did you get so worldly in such few years. HAPPY 400th post old friend.
    Don't eat the yellow snow. O

Jester,

Well said.

Jester, I am close behind you Of course the many thousand I have on the forum I am a paid mod for doesnt count , heh, I cant remember how many I had on Hobocentral but I bet it was alot

RAT

Images

Ewe our uh ghengis. Did aye spell that write? Probly knaught.
    What? Me worry??

I did a work-for-stay in Keith's barn immediately AFTER they'd slaughtered a cow.

I still have bad dreams about it.

Images

Default Maine?

Jester, when I saw the title of your thread (Me.) I thought you were going to discuss Maine. Don't EVER do that again!!!! See ya soon.

can i have the cloudes books author? its funnyer than you. but you right good enough to make money at it. and you tell a great campfire story. if you were a cloud ,.. you would be a jestirius histerionimbus. ya know the lady from the simpsons who allways says" i like that" ?like,..you just stole my car!,...i like that. well,.. the jester is funny,..i like that.
    matthewski

Quote Originally Posted by WalkinHome View Post
    Jester, when I saw the title of your thread (Me.) I thought you were going to discuss Maine. Don't EVER do that again!!!! See ya soon.
    Graciously, I take WalkinHome's advice/threat under advisememt. I ponder if, perhaps, I should praise Maine in this thread, so as not to disappoint any wayward whiteblazers. But no, I decide that to do so would dilute the praise I send my way. I refuse to go "off-topic."

I applaud those who would join me in my praise of me. But then I wonder: has my own praise somehow made others believe, falsely, that they are not permitted to take part in the praising of me on this thread?

I am confused. To ease my troubled mind, I think of Maine.

oh yeah. noticed the me. assumed another maine thread by weary or tj. anyway, congrats. GIVE TO THE MAINE LAND TRUST!

Getting out as much as I can..which is never enough. :) Mags's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jester2000 View Post
    I applaud those who would join me in my praise of me.
    By praising "me" are we really praising "you"?

If we are praising "me", then which "me" is "me"? Or would that be "you"? :O
    Last edited by Mags; 01-30-2007 at 21:22. Reason: cute little emoticon....
    Paul "Mags" Magnanti
    http://pmags.com
    Twitter: @pmagsco
    Facebook: pmagsblog

The true harvest of my life is intangible...a little stardust caught,a portion of the rainbow I have clutched -Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Mags View Post
    By praising "me" are we really praising "you"?

If we are praising "me", then which "me" is "me"? Or would that be "you"? :O
    Mags' attempt to confuse me snaps me out of my reverie. Maine is lovely, but a serious philosophical question awaits.

I decide that answering a serious philosophical question is too much work. I decide to reply that I give permission to the me that is Mags to praise the you that is me.

To do less would suggest that I did not deserve to be Time Magazine's "Person of the Year."

I paid for my room the night they slaughtered the cow, but I remember the thousand yard stare of the hikers who did the work for stay. As to your puny post count, Jester, though you are amusing, you must surely grovel before a Whiteblaze Warlord such as I.

Quote Originally Posted by bfitz View Post
    I paid for my room the night they slaughtered the cow, but I remember the thousand yard stare of the hikers who did the work for stay. As to your puny post count, Jester, though you are amusing, you must surely grovel before a Whiteblaze Warlord such as I.
    I think back on the cow, as I too was there. Why is it, I think, that this cow remains in the memories of so many? Memories so strong that they would waste time reminiscing about her instead of praising me?

I move on, but not in a dot org kind of way. I recall bfitz' theory, that quantity has its own quality. But then again, he was speaking of sex, and to those for whom quality is impossible, quantity must seem truly wonderful.

Before my thoughts return to praise of me and how I might divert money from the Maine Land Trust by starting a Me Land Trust, I am reminded of a quote from the finest movie ever, "Miller's Crossing":

"You take a page outta this guy's book -- a little less you talk, a little more you listen."

I then praise myself for my cleverness.

I move on, but not in a dot org kind of way. I recall bfitz' theory, that quantity has its own quality. But then again, he was speaking of sex, and to those for whom quality is impossible, quantity must seem truly wonderful.
    Fo' shizzle!

Even a small quantity would be great!

kicking around ideas for the next adventure 1Pint's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jester2000 View Post
    Graciously, I take WalkinHome's advice/threat under advisememt. I ponder if, perhaps, I should praise Maine in this thread, so as not to disappoint any wayward whiteblazers. But no, I decide that to do so would dilute the praise I send my way. I refuse to go "off-topic."

I applaud those who would join me in my praise of me. But then I wonder: has my own praise somehow made others believe, falsely, that they are not permitted to take part in the praising of me on this thread?
    Okay, okay... you've laughed me into it... I'm in praise of you and The Dude and company for making me laugh so hard I won't need to do any crunches tonight. Congrats on being such a wonderful poster. Happy now?
    "It's not just a daydream if you decide to make it your life." Train

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++