WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Re-Supply 2007

Default Re-Supply 2007

I have been working on the updated 2007 Re-Supply article for awhile today, including most of this afternoon.

It's taking longer than I thought, as there is more to this than I'd expected, and I have almost no free time these days.

My original idea was to complete the revision, and then send it all to Troll or Dix so they could re-place the original version.

It's evidently gonna be at least a week or so til I finish this damned thing and maybe longer. If anyone is leaving for the Trail soon, and wants a look at the revised Part One of the Article, which covers from Springer to Damascus, they should write me at baltimorejack at hotmail dot com, and I'll send it to them. Please don't send me a PM here at Whiteblaze as my mailbox is pretty full already.

If it looks like this is really going to take longer than a week or two, I'll probably send Troll each section as I complete them, and then once he gets them all, he can paste the whole thing together into one continuous piece.

But if anyone needs or wants this info immediately (at least the first part), they should get in touch.

Images

Thanks for updating your original article. Much appreciated
    Conquest: It is not the Mountain we conquer but Ourselves

1000+ miles, baby! (and more to come) Webs's Avatar
    Images

Yes, your articles have been my sole source of knowledge for town stops, and I vastly appreciate your efforts!!!

Images

Jack,

Very much appreciated!
    "Don't worry...even if things end up a bit too heavy...we'll all float on... all right."
    - Modest Mouse

Wow, I didn't realize so many people were leaving for the Trail so soon. I got all sorts of personal E-Mails asking for the first section of the article, so instead of waiting til everything's done and printing it here all in one piece, I've just sent Part One (Springer to Damascus) to Troll, where it'll shortly be available to anyone who wants a look at it.

The other sections will follow as soon as I can finish and proof them, which will hopefully be later this week. Then, when everything's finished, they'll hopefully be pasted together into one complete article, and will be permanently available in the "Articles" section of Whiteblaze.

There will also be an Appendix, containing late editions and corrections, as it is inevitable that I will have omitted some important things, or perhaps made some mistakes. (I can already think of things I need to add to Part One!) I also hope that when the Article is completed, there will be a section accompanying it where anyone who wishes to can add comments or improvements, especially if they feel that something important has been left out. So anyone consulting this article would do well to check out the Appendix, and also the comments and ideas from other folks.

Likewise, if any 2007 people are on other mailing lists or frequent other A.T. websites, please let them know that this information is available here at WB, so that folks who either don't know about Whiteblaze, or don't come here often, are aware that this material is available, in case they're interested in checkng it out. Thanks.

GA-VA 2005, VA-CT 2007, CT-ME ??
    Images

Thanks, Jack. I always like reading those, even if only for interim daydreaming purposes...
    -Mark

Journal Entries
    Images

I just posted Jack's first section here http://www.whiteblaze.net/index.php?page=resupplypart1.
    AT Troll (2010)
    Time does not wait for you, it keeps on rolling.

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

Default PDF Version

Here's a PDF version of Part 1 in case anyone wants a more printable version.

Jollies:

Wow, that's MUCH easier on the eye; thanx for doing this!

I just this minute sent off Part Two to Troll, which covers from Damascus to Harpers Ferry. It should be posted very soon, hopefully later this evening.

More parts to follow, hopefully by week's end, but bear with me, it's Winter Carnival Weekend in Hanover with a zillion things going on in town, and I may not get back to the computer for any length of time til early next week. Til then, I hope this first 1,009 miles of the Trail keeps planners busy for awhile!

Images

Jack---

WOW! That's great work. I hiked the first 500 miles in 05 and this is about what we did up to Damascus, despite planning totally differently--LOL. It's a great guide in my opinion--if I ever get back out there I know I can rely on your guide as sound advice for the next 1500 miles.

Thanks--
    GlazeDog

Default PDF Version of Guide

Keep your eyes out once the guide is completed for a more "book-like" edition available only here on Whiteblaze :-) Any suggestions for what the best layout for this would be very much welcomed. I really like the layout of Yogi's PCT guidebook pages that had space for holes and a binder if any of you care for that. The easiest would be to put two pages per 8 1/2 x 11 sheet in a vertical layout. See the attached for my idea. Please comment!

Springer-->Stony Brook Road VT MedicineMan's Avatar
    Images

Default Thanks from the Section Hikers

we use it too!
    You know Jack that this could be the basis of a good book.....
    Start out slow, then slow down.

Images

I dont know if I ever said thank you, but your guide was probabily the single most useful piece of information I used on my trip in 2003. I still am stunned and admire the fact that you make this information freely available when many others would attempt to charge 29.95 + shipping and handling for it...

Also: To anyone going in 2007, listen to Baltimore Jack, take care of Ms. Janet, she deserves it !

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by jollies View Post
    Here's a PDF version of Part 1 in case anyone wants a more printable version.
    Thank you Jollies. I have added the printable version to the one on the web site. So they can click on that option within the document. Thank you.
    AT Troll (2010)
    Time does not wait for you, it keeps on rolling.

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

The second part of Jack's resupply article is available now. You can reach it via this link (or the articles link on the homepage).

http://www.whiteblaze.net/index.php?page=resupplypart2

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Tarlin View Post
    I have been working on the updated 2007 Re-Supply article for awhile today, including most of this afternoon.

It's taking longer than I thought, as there is more to this than I'd expected, and I have almost no free time these days.

My original idea was to complete the revision, and then send it all to Troll or Dix so they could re-place the original version.

It's evidently gonna be at least a week or so til I finish this damned thing and maybe longer. If anyone is leaving for the Trail soon, and wants a look at the revised Part One of the Article, which covers from Springer to Damascus, they should write me at baltimorejack at hotmail dot com, and I'll send it to them. Please don't send me a PM here at Whiteblaze as my mailbox is pretty full already.

If it looks like this is really going to take longer than a week or two, I'll probably send Troll each section as I complete them, and then once he gets them all, he can paste the whole thing together into one continuous piece.

But if anyone needs or wants this info immediately (at least the first part), they should get in touch.
    thanks jack neo

Images

I'm looking forward to the availability of the laminated, accordian-style version!
    "Don't worry...even if things end up a bit too heavy...we'll all float on... all right."
    - Modest Mouse

Unconfirmed Section Hiker!!! Touch of Grey's Avatar

Default Thanks Jack!!!

Thanks Jack for making that available so soon. I leave in less than 30 days to begin March 12 so I will put some of that to good use. Between your article and the companion I feel I have a good handle on what options are along the way.

Thanks also for taking the time during the bonfire Saturday evening at TDZ for talking with me and some of the other people. I think it was you who tried to talk me into leaving from Damascus last year and doing a flip-flop instead of waiting for this year. It was good to talk with you and many of the others there last year and pick your brains for ideas and suggestions.

Hope to see you and many of the others again this year at TDZ or on the trail.

TOG

Quote Originally Posted by Buckles View Post
    I'm looking forward to the availability of the laminated, accordian-style version!
    I'm looking forward to the one that is actually printed on an accordion.
    Drab as a Fool, as aloof as a Bard!

http://www.wizardsofthepct.com

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++