WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default On The Trail 2007

This is a place where Whiteblaze folks who are actually on the Trail can check in periodically to say hello, leave a message, provide news on the Trail, tell us where they are, tell us if they need anything, or have any questions about the stretch that's coming up for them, etc.

I hope people check in now and again and let us know how they're doing!

Images

Great idea. I'll be sure to check in from my section this summer. Thanks Jack
    "It was on the first of May, in the year 1769, that I resigned my domestic happiness for a time, and left my family and peaceable habitation on the Yadkin River, in North Carolina, to wander through the wilderness of America." - Daniel Boone

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Tarlin View Post
    This is a place where Whiteblaze folks who are actually on the Trail can check in periodically to say hello, leave a message, provide news on the Trail, tell us where they are, tell us if they need anything, or have any questions about the stretch that's coming up for them, etc.

Yes!

Whiteblaze hikers....check in while hiking so we know your progress, for many reasons.

Not all hikers have trail journals.

Good luck to the class of 2007.

Good luck to Hammock Hanger this year! I am so excited for her!

Images

A message from Mr Happy. He's happy to back on the trail after waiting out the cold weather for a spell even thought he's spending a very cold night tonight at Wesser Bald Shelter. Pleased the weather is going to be a little milder over the next few days.

Don't believe everything you think. galaleemc's Avatar
    Images

Default Mrhappy happy to be back on trail

Hi FBM

We will be anxious to hear about his and Zero's progress, we wondered if they started up again it was VERY cold here today. Did not want to be out for more than 5 minutes. Check out his photo in my gallery.

Jack great idea....I will keep checking here too for anyone in this area.

Quote Originally Posted by galaleemc View Post
    Hi FBM

We will be anxious to hear about his and Zero's progress, we wondered if they started up again it was VERY cold here today. Did not want to be out for more than 5 minutes. Check out his photo in my gallery.

Jack great idea....I will keep checking here too for anyone in this area.
    Zero and Joseph are both staying at Budget Inn tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Tarlin View Post

Good idea but perhaps you should have made it a sticky. That way it stays on top on the forum (I think)

Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    Good idea but perhaps you should have made it a sticky. That way it stays on top on the forum (I think)
    Yes, it would stay at the top. Not sure if he could have made it a sticky.
    "Sleepy alligator in the noonday sun
    Sleepin by the river just like he usually done
    Call for his whisky
    He can call for his tea
    Call all he wanta but he can't call me..."
    Robert Hunter & Ron McKernan

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

Journal Entries
    Images

Yes that was a good idea. It is now a Sticky so it stays on top unless it turns into something other then what it was intended.
    AT Troll (2010)
    Time does not wait for you, it keeps on rolling.

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

Headed back to Damascus tomarrow and getting back on the trail on Friday. Good luck to everyone.

the hiker formaly known as Wonderfoot
    Images

Stepping off in one week!!!!! WooHoo!!!

The long brown path before me leading wherever I choose............................................ ...
    Strong and content I travel the open road
    ~Walt Whitman Song of the open road

In case you miss the other posting, I met the last sobo from 2006 this morning at Fontana. Easy Feelin' looked great and was planning on a March 4th finish at Springer. Also met Osprey at Unicoi Gap heading North.

Kerosen and myself met Easy Feeling in the Whites. He was the one that drew NEO's "I love Hilary" sign. Super nice dude. He knows how to take his time.
    [COLOR="Blue"]Hokey Pokey [/COLOR]

Registered User Pacific Tortuga's Avatar
    Images

This is great, is it time to change the "2006 Progression" up top too ?

Images

Thumbs up Cold February

I've been out already this year. I decided to wait a week or two for the stupid-cold stuff to go away. It did, and I'm headed back.

The night that I spent on Tray Mtn., it was near zero degrees and the wind was up around 40. Wow, but that was cold.

Anyway, just checking in. I'll see you folks out there onna trail.

Frank/Nightwalker

Section Hiker, 1,040 + miles, donating member peter_pan's Avatar
    Images

Best of luck 2007 Thru Hiker-Hangers...

Send PM if you need any JRB help on the trail this year....

See you at Trail Days.

Pan
    ounces to grams
    WWW.JACKSRBETTER.COM home of the Nest and No Sniveler underquilts and Bear Mtn Bridge Hammock

Hello all! I wanted to check in and say hello. I can't believe it, but I had to come to Gatlinburg to get my shoes fixed. I tried to ski down Clingmans Dome on the ice and I tore my hiking sneaker nearly in two. I haven't seen but one hiker since NOC......I passed a guy named Zero my first day in the Smoky's. All is well and the Park is in good shape. Take care.

Just Jim

Howdy all, I'm at Ron Haven's Budget inn right now, Franklin, NC. Changed my name to carefree. Hope to see you on the trail!

Images

I'm at the Hiker Hostel in Dahlonega right now with Duckwalk and Third Time's a Charm. Blissful and fam took off this morning heading south from Neels over Blood Mountain.

I'm staranded here for another day waiting for tendonitis of the foot (weird, huh?) to heal before I head on. It's funny, I made it up the approach trail barefoot with no problem, put on shoes because I had a little scrape and wanted top keep dirt out of it, and immediately hurt my foot. I bought some Montrails this morning, and they'll stay on until it warms up a bit, but as soon as it does I hope to get the shoes back off, at least part time. Duckwalk is also stranded here with a hurt knee, and will probably be leaving the day after tomorrow with me.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by VictoriaM View Post
    I'm at the Hiker Hostel in Dahlonega right now with Duckwalk and Third Time's a Charm. Blissful and fam took off this morning heading south from Neels over Blood Mountain.

I'm staranded here for another day waiting for tendonitis of the foot (weird, huh?) to heal before I head on. It's funny, I made it up the approach trail barefoot with no problem, put on shoes because I had a little scrape and wanted top keep dirt out of it, and immediately hurt my foot. I bought some Montrails this morning, and they'll stay on until it warms up a bit, but as soon as it does I hope to get the shoes back off, at least part time. Duckwalk is also stranded here with a hurt knee, and will probably be leaving the day after tomorrow with me.
    It was after hiking barefoot that all my foot problems started. You may want to avoid that.
    "It was on the first of May, in the year 1769, that I resigned my domestic happiness for a time, and left my family and peaceable habitation on the Yadkin River, in North Carolina, to wander through the wilderness of America." - Daniel Boone

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++