WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Frieden and Ed - World Explorer Team frieden's Avatar

Best of luck Class of 2007! Ed & I are bummed that we couldn't join you, but we are following your posts here (thanks Jack), and through journals. If we can send you something, PM me. Stay warm! <hug>

Third Times a Charm here, now that I reduced my pack weight to 36 pounds from 77, back to the trail at Hightower Gap. With a sore throat this morning.. Here I come Sassafras Mountain.

you could start blue-blazing by walking fs42 all the way to gooch gap. it's a nice grade all the way.

Images

Duckwalk and me are out of here in the morning, headed out from Woody Gap. We're both planning to try for Neels, but his knees are still aching and my foot isn't fully up to speed. I'll be slacking it, just to make sure I'm ok.

I'm itching to get back out! I knew I'd love being out there, but I didn't expect to love it this much.

Stopped at HF to spend a few days with some family. Toothpick head on to PA to spend a week with his wife. Will get back on Saterday and meet Toothpick at the 501 shelter a week later

Knees and Kelly - starting on the approach trail TODAY!

the hiker formaly known as Wonderfoot
    Images

In gatlinberg trying to figure out some shoe issues. Eveyone was down from the mt. till this morning hiding from the cold. Hope I get this crap figured out today!

The long brown path before me leading wherever I choose............................................ ...
    Strong and content I travel the open road
    ~Walt Whitman Song of the open road

hello to all! dont know if i met any of you i was just down for spring break section hiking Unicoi to Neels (4 days ...sigh) . If Wind-Up is around I know i met him, all other names elude me. faces i remember though. good luck, all.

I met a nice kid in TN that was headed out to the hospital due to a copperhead bite on his bare foot.........he was back on the trail after two weeks from what I heard later.

Default Start Date: June 16

Is anyone starting on June 16? I've got a permit for 24 days, ending on July 10. My partner can't make it and I'd like to meet others who will be on the trail. I'll be in Yosemite on Tuesday, June 15 to hang... I'd love to meet other hikers who are doing it.

Please contact me by phone if you want to try to meet on June 15 or 16 or even 17, perhaps at the ranger station, permit pick up.

Looking forward to the trail still!
    Kira 808-777-0705

Wait, I seared for the JMT, but I see something at the top that says AT. This is for the John Muir Trail though... hmm...

Lost in cyberspace.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++