WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Most AT Miles

Former Admin

Default Most AT Miles

Does anyone know who has hiked the most AT miles to date? I think its Warren Doyle, but i'm not sure on this. I know Seiko was doing his 13th thru-hike this year.

Addicted Hiker and Donating Member Hammock Hanger's Avatar
    Images

Default I love the AT

but 13 thrus??? There are so many wonderful places in this country. I figure I will always be drawn to the AT and someday would love to do a thru with my husband by my side. On the other hand I can't wait to get on to this years Allegeny Hike, my April hike on the Bartam Trail, then there is the Colorado, CDT, PCT and 1000's of other lesser known trails. There is one in Idaho where you hike from hot spring to hot spring... HH
    Hammock Hanger -- Life is my journey and I'm surely not rushing to the "summit"...:D

http://www.gcast.com/u/hammockhanger/main

Former Admin

I agree with you Hammock, even after I complete the trail I feel I will still hike it in sections, the AT is such a unique trail, however there alot of other great trails i'd like to explore.

Section Hiker 180 AT miles

i think id hike the at atleast twice before going on to others (or maybe go on to others but still plan on going back to the at again) i dont know why its just somthing about the at that draws me. but i really wanna hike as many others as well. i regret that i have but one life to live for the trail.
    "Do what you Love, Love what you do"

Images

I sort of make a list as I go along of places I want to hike someday. The AT is the big drem, but after that is The Wonderland Trail, Glacier National Park, Jon Muir, The Colorado Trail, etc. Maybe I'll even try for a triple crown after I retire. All I know is there isn't enough time in my life to hit everywhere I want to go, but any trail, anywhere is worth the time spent on it.

If I win the lottery I'll become a hiker bum.
    SGT Rock
    http://hikinghq.net

My 2008 Trail Journal of the BMT/AT

BMT Thru-Hikers' Guide
    -----------------------------------------

NO SNIVELING

So many trails, so little time.

LT '79; AT '73-'14 in sections; Donating Member Kerosene's Avatar
    Images

Don't forget Isle Royale, Superior Hiking Trail, Finger Lakes Trail, Long Trail, The Ozarks, North Country Trail, Cohos Trail, Muir Trail, Great Divide Trail (Canada), and others around the world! Someday I'll finish the AT so I can take on some of these others when I retire!
    GA←↕→ME: 1973 to 2014

Springer-->Stony Brook Road VT MedicineMan's Avatar
    Images

Met Seiko just shy of Hogpen gap a couple of weeks ago, just asked how far to the gap, he gestured and we both moved on
    Start out slow, then slow down.

:banana

I've always considered this question to be comperable to asking someone who is happily married. "Why would you want to make love to the same woman so many times"? A very rude question (like I'm never rude).

Default Most AT Miles

I have known Seiko for many years, as a matter of fact we were in the Nam at the same plase and time (101st Airborne)we didn't meet.

He told me last year that he had 30,000 AT miles and he has done close to 500 this year.

Oh by the way all of these were with a pack on unlike the Doylie who does't carry a pack.

As far as I know, Mala is correct. Seiko (in addition to being a great, great guy) is the most accomplished hiker I know. If he's not out hiking when you get there, you may run into him, if you're lucky, near Kincora.

GA-ME 3/5/02 -8/14/02
    Images

Seiko was kind enough to host a manicotti dinner for a group of us at Kincora Hikers Hostel when we passed trhough there in 2002. He is an amazing guy, full of interesting stories. At the time I met him, I had no idea he had done so many miles, he certainly doesn't brag about it. Good for him for holding the record, he's a great guy.
    "It's a dangerous business, going out your door...if you don't keep your feet, there's no telling where you might be swept off to."-The Hobbit

He doesn't hold the "record"

Originally posted by Jumpstart
    Seiko was kind enough to host a manicotti dinner for a group of us at Kincora Hikers Hostel
    Seiko is a great cook, isn't he? And a very, very gracious host.

these guys are rookies!!!

these guys are rookies!!!

Until I hear information differently, I have serious doubts as to 'Seiko's claims to how many times he has walked the entire Appalachian Trail.
    Warren Doyle PhD
    34,000-miler (and counting)
    [email protected]
    www.warrendoyle.com

Journal Entries
    Images

I always thought it was either Blatimore Jack or Warren Doyle who might of held the record.
    AT Troll (2010)
    Time does not wait for you, it keeps on rolling.

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

B. Jack has a ways to go before he has any mileage record.

:banana

This tread reminds me of a bunch of drunk guys sitting around discussing who has the biggest member.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
++ New Posts ++