WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Pasting into the posting page?

Hi is it possible to paste in to the compose box on the "new thread" page? I like to compose else where, spell check and the cut and paste into the compose box but do not find the paste option when I right click. Is there a way to do this and if not why not?

Images

Please stop starting usless threads.

Quote Originally Posted by stuco View Post
    Please stop starting usless threads.
    There is nothing useless about this thread, this is exactly what this particular forum is designed for. Please refrain from being so negative.

Donating Member
    Images

Popcorn - If you're using Internet Explorer, you can also go to the "Page" tab at the top right of the screen (at least in its latest version) and find your Edit menu there. Also, if you're finding weird formatting things happening after you paste into the compose box, paste the content first into Notepad. That will remove all formatting code. Cut from Notepad and paste on the site.
    "You will find something more in woods than in books. Trees and stones will teach you that which you can never learn from masters."
    ~Saint Bernard (1090 - 1153)

Quote Originally Posted by popcorn View Post
    Hi is it possible to paste in to the compose box on the "new thread" page? I like to compose else where, spell check and the cut and paste into the compose box but do not find the paste option when I right click. Is there a way to do this and if not why not?
    I am a bit puzzled - I have no problems pasting into the compose box - quick message works, quoted compose works, and new thread compose works. Is it possible the issue is on the copy end? I have seen an occasional issue where I copied something, closed the window that I copied it from, and then was unable to paste - key is to leave the window I copied from open while pasting. As a test case when you can't paste into the compose box open a temp text file with notepad and see if you can paste there - if not the issue is probably on the copy side of the operation.

Images

I use Word and I do a Select (high-light text); Right Click; Copy in Word then Alt-Tab back to Whiteblaze and do a Shift-Insert.

If you started typing something in the post window because you thought it would be quick (like this post), and now want to edit it elsewhere, you can Highlight it with your mouse and then hit Shift-Delete. Alt-Tab over to Word (if it is already open) and do a Shift-Insert.

Hope this helps. I am sure there are other ways but I am old and have been in the computer biz since before PC's and find this works the best for me.
    Last edited by the_iceman; 02-12-2007 at 11:16.
    The heaviest thing I carried was my attitude.
    Montani semper liberi - Mountaineers are always free

Desire is the main ingredient for success

Images

I have the same problem at several forums I frequent. The easiest way is just to use ctrl-v in the place of the paste function.

Hey, don't forget Ctrl-A, which will block your complete text, and then Ctrl-C to copy it.

++ New Posts ++