WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default I think I am ready

Well, I am going in 23 days to do my longest section. I leave for Waynesville on Thursday March 8. Shuttle picks us up at 8 am Friday and we are off to Fontana. Im getting nervous because this is the longest cold weather trip i have done. I can smell my marinade coming from my dehydrator right now and am hoping all of my food will be fine. I have alot of variety and think my food will be good. My gear is good and I feel confident about it. I am ready to go!

Have a great time Lowspark! It's a good year to hike
    ad astra per aspera

Registered User hammock engineer's Avatar

You will be fine. Let us know how it does.

If it helps, I always try to prepair for 10 degress colder than what I except. I successfully tested my thru-hike setup at -10 last week.

Yea with the cold snap we had here, I got some good testing in for my gear.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Lowspark View Post
    Well, I am going in 23 days to do my longest section. I leave for Waynesville on Thursday March 8. Shuttle picks us up at 8 am Friday and we are off to Fontana. Im getting nervous because this is the longest cold weather trip i have done. I can smell my marinade coming from my dehydrator right now and am hoping all of my food will be fine. I have alot of variety and think my food will be good. My gear is good and I feel confident about it. I am ready to go!

i hope you have a great hike neo

Have a great hike! Hope you enjoy it!

Registered User Frolicking Dinosaurs's Avatar
    Images

Lowspark, you'll be fine. Do familiarize yourself with wilderness survivial techniques for staying warm just in case a severe cold snap hits while you are out and go knowing your mind, equipment and body are ready.

Images

Default Why wait?

If you think you are ready, you ought to have at it then!

!8 days til my trip. It is all I can think about and talk about. Have the gear spread out everywhere in the house, tent pitched out front and the dehydrator is cranking. I love the anticipation before a big trip. I know I am ready, new sleeping bag on the way. Just thinking about it gives me chills and makes me smile!

Quote Originally Posted by Lowspark View Post
    tent pitched out front. . .
    I bet it is! Good luck & have fun!
    Drab as a Fool, as aloof as a Bard!

http://www.wizardsofthepct.com

Well, i have purchased my bus ticket for the ride home, finished buying everything, and have vacuum sealed everything. Food is done. Now I wait. Going to play 2 disc golf courses for the next 2 days. Going to be 60 here tommorow. Its done. Thanks everyone for the advice. Couldnt have done it without the help. Now I just have to carry 45 pounds on my back for 8 days through the Smokies.

The pack is packed and ready to roll. Leave Thursday am for Waynesville and will be on the trail with Snappy by 10 am Friday. Have a great St PAtty's everyone and happy hiking!

Over and out,
    Chaco

++ New Posts ++