WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Smile Female, Novice, 48 wants to section hike AT

Would like to do a couple of weeks to a month after Trail Days. I am retired so my schedule is easy. Only backpacked a couple of times but loved hiking and camping. I am thinking of thur hiking in 2008, and want to test my staying power. If I can do a month I can do six!!!

Registered User Frolicking Dinosaurs's Avatar
    Images

::: gives high five to a snail - I think dino and snails are distant relatives :::

Images

Panama Snail,
    Love the trail name and welcome to Whiteblaze. Are you looking for a hiking partner? I'm leaving the 1st of June from Bland VA and will hike for about 4 weeks. I'm 49, female schoolteacher and hike very slowly. PM me if you're interested in hooking up.
    "It was on the first of May, in the year 1769, that I resigned my domestic happiness for a time, and left my family and peaceable habitation on the Yadkin River, in North Carolina, to wander through the wilderness of America." - Daniel Boone

Images

Talking

Watch out, Panama Snail, that LilRed woman will hike you into the ground.

She CLAIMS to be slow, but oh my. I could only stay with her one day in the mountains of Georgia!

RainMan

P.S. All kidding aside, LilRed is a great hiking partner. She'll even carry your food bag for you, for days at a time! Just ask her. ~wink~

[I]ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit....[/I]. Numbers 35

[url]www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by panama snail View Post
    Would like to do a couple of weeks to a month after Trail Days. I am retired so my schedule is easy. Only backpacked a couple of times but loved hiking and camping. I am thinking of thur hiking in 2008, and want to test my staying power. If I can do a month I can do six!!!
    Looking for hiking partner for thru hike in 08, 64 year old female
    [email protected]

Panama Snail,
    I'm an A.T. section hiker. I have hiked about 1100 miles of the A.T. I like to hike at a pace that allows me to enjoy the trail and the people I meet 7 - 10 miles a day. I try to hike 3-4 days on holiday weekends. I have hiked the Florida Trail through the Juniper Springs Wilderness and enjoyed it very much. I would love to have company on a section hike.
    12 Years, 1100+ Miles

Images

Panama Snail, you're in Panama City? I'm in Tally. Hmm....!

Images

to WB! Looks like we need to have another FL gathering. I'm thinking Goldhead Branch near Keystone Heights and hiking the FT through Camp Blanding. What say ya'll? I'm open to suggestions.

Talking Shenandoah NP

Hope to start Saturday June 30. 60-yo male, living in Central-VA. Been hiking the "AT" since the mid-80's.

N or S bound, does not matter, just doing hut 2 hut, with a stop in the middle at one of the campgrounds for laundry, shower, re-supply. All welcome

Billyboy

++ New Posts ++