WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

I hike, therefore I stink.
    Images

Default Hiked Manassas Gap On the 2nd

Hey everyone. I and a fellow I work with hiked Manassas gap here in Virginia on friday. It was by far the most beautiful day in recent memory. Though the temps were in the 60s, there was still a lot of ice/snow on the ground. In many areas the only other footprints were deer and rabbits. The Manassas Gap shelter was in good order, and we had fun reading journal entries from last July about the snakes at the shelter.

there's no point to this entry other than to share the fact that I enjoyed one of the most perfect days I can remember in recent memory. The sky a cobalt blue, the trail fresh and untrod...ahhhh.....*sniff**
    If you don't have something nice to say,
    Be witty in your cruelty.

LT '79; AT '73-'14 in sections; Donating Member Kerosene's Avatar
    Images

I thought that the Manassas Gap foundation and fire pit were re-built specifically to try to eliminate the snakes? Is there still a monster wood rat in residence?
    GA←↕→ME: 1973 to 2014

I hike, therefore I stink.
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Kerosene View Post
    I thought that the Manassas Gap foundation and fire pit were re-built specifically to try to eliminate the snakes? Is there still a monster wood rat in residence?
    Apparently there's still a big black snake that lurks in the rafters and there's a copperhead that likes to hang out under the shelter. some of the journal entries were pretty funny.
    If you don't have something nice to say,
    Be witty in your cruelty.

++ New Posts ++