WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Registered User Frolicking Dinosaurs's Avatar
    Images

Default Question about Campmor sleeping bags.

Does anyone know if the Campmor rectangular down bags have a zipper that allows them to open up completely to be used as a flat quilt? I may be needing to add a quilt rather quickly and this would be a viable alternative to making my own.

Default Campmor Bag

Yes, they well open up and lie flat. You can mate them too, for couples. We mate a 20 degree with the 0 degree. Gives some flexibility depending on temperature.
    CT

Images

Thanks Cedar Tree. It looks like I may be hiking with our newest grandchild soon (she is 16 and being adopted) and I need a way to keep her toasty. I just might buy the two you mention so the dinos can ues them - though we would likely have the zippers between us (atop and underneath) as he is a warm sleeper and I'm a cold sleeper.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolicking Dinosaurs View Post
    Does anyone know if the Campmor rectangular down bags have a zipper that allows them to open up completely to be used as a flat quilt? I may be needing to add a quilt rather quickly and this would be a viable alternative to making my own.
    Yep, they lay flat. They make a good quilt if you don't need a footbox. I've got a couple of the 20*f rectangular regulars that my daughters use for bed quilts instead of leaving them in the cotton storage sacks. I use a 20*f Long mummy as a quilt - the hood gets in the way but otherwise it works well as it has a footbox.

Images

I have ahomemade item that turns flat quilts into a quilt with a footbox on one side and a 'corner holder" on the other. The male dino will not use a footbox.

++ New Posts ++