WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Images

Default Itchin' for a hike.....

I don't know about you all.....but I need to get out of here and hike.

All this talk about thru hiking, Sly going outwest, and the time change just triggered that ITCH again.

I need to get in my jeepster and get the heck outta Cleveland.

Two more weeks tic, tic, tic... I'm going nuts myself. Pack, repack, lose stuff, find stuff. Hopefully I'll be taking care of the last needed business this week so i just just jump in the car and say NOW'S the time!

yep....something about 70 degree weather and the swap to DST that makes me want to hit the trail....

Plenty of thru-hikers starting in the next few weeks.......here's to a great hike and I hope you see Katahdin...

Best piece of advice is...........SLOW DOWN.....!

Quote Originally Posted by springerfever View Post

Best piece of advice is...........SLOW DOWN.....!
    Oh yeah, I do that one well.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    . . . I'm going nuts myself. . .
    Going nuts? My poor deluded friend, that boat left the dock a while back.

Let me know if you need a ride to the airport, and write if you get work.

I would have been along w/you Marsha....but I start a darn new
    " J.O.B." tomorrow...I just set my alarm clock for the 1st time in 3+ years....ewwww..lol..

Images

We're in the process of moving, selling two houses and buying another. You can imagine what that's like. Instead of packing, I find myself pouring over maps and trail guides, working out my itinerary for this summer. All I can think about is hiking. Instead of arranging for utilities to be transferred, I'm wanting to set up my tent in the backyard and check out my gear. And now DST..... I'll never get moved.........
    "It was on the first of May, in the year 1769, that I resigned my domestic happiness for a time, and left my family and peaceable habitation on the Yadkin River, in North Carolina, to wander through the wilderness of America." - Daniel Boone

Images

Tent don't need no stinkin' utilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Two Speed View Post
    Going nuts? My poor deluded friend, that boat left the dock a while back.
    Speak for yourself! Thanks for the offer, but no ride needed. I'll be driving west to Albuquerque where I'll leave my car at a friends or in a lot. Flying to Phoenix and hiking back to ABQ. Driving to Boulder where I'll be leaving my car at a friends, busing to MT and hiking back to NM. From there who knows.

It would be nice if there was a trail across the southern US.

Default jealoussssssssss

I think I hate ya Sly !!.. and as far as this whole 70 degree thing goes I am shaking my head. it is STILL below 0 here in balmy fairbanks,, but the sun, the sweet wonderous sun, is riding high in this winter soaked country...and the hiking is actually pretty freaking good right now.

thank you fd!! and i do agree with starlyte...i need to hike b4 it get too warm.....i may blow my budget and drive to the trail (2.50/g of gas)ouch!!!
    Peanuts (aka i.j.)
    "A womans place its on the trail"

Im going up to VA in a few weeks for a section hike...

Quote Originally Posted by yappy View Post
    I think I hate ya Sly !!.. and as far as this whole 70 degree thing goes I am shaking my head. it is STILL below 0 here in balmy fairbanks,, but the sun, the sweet wonderous sun, is riding high in this winter soaked country...and the hiking is actually pretty freaking good right now.
    LOL....

Yappy, you're getting hardcore now, spending winters in Alaska and all. One of these years I'll have to check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    Speak for yourself! Thanks for the offer, but no ride needed. I'll be driving west to Albuquerque where I'll leave my car at a friends or in a lot. Flying to Phoenix and hiking back to ABQ. Driving to Boulder where I'll be leaving my car at a friends, busing to MT and hiking back to NM. From there who knows.

It would be nice if there was a trail across the southern US.
    I head east on the 28th. If you need a ride from the Phoenix airport before the 28th then let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo View Post
    I head east on the 28th. If you need a ride from the Phoenix airport before the 28th then let me know.
    Thanks for the offer Bravo. We'll be flying in on Sat. 3/31 and have already arranged for a ride.

Default alaska

dontcha know. AK is the land " where men are men and women are too".. or every once in awhile " where men are men and women win the Iditarod ! .."...LUV that ...

Me too, and Im still out west.

I returned from the PCt in mid November and by January I was ready to be anywhere where there was some wilderness.

So, I luckily sold a short script and got flown for free to LA, and after filming I decided since I was out here I would stay until I had to work (This week on a Ducati commercial)

I based out of the Saulfleys and The Andersons and have been hiking in the High desert on and off for the last month and a half...now back to the city, but soon I will be (HOPEFULLY!) somewhere on the AT by Spring...I sorta miss the old Green Tunnel...dont miss the rocks and bad grades, bugs, humidity, or my whining--

-but the AT has been calling me back this year....sniff sniff whimper....It would be good to hear some real bluegrass and drink some home brew again as well as to see my Billvillians and other At brethern and sisteren.

ya know?

Images

repeat post - what the heck happened...
    Last edited by StarLyte; 03-14-2007 at 06:39.

We've had two or three warm days here in eastern MA... about half the snow is melted. With luck, in another few weeks, the local woods might be OK for short hikes (watch out for ticks!) Early spring in the Whites has never been much good for hiking.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++