WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    Yeah, I forgot about that ****ty breakfast.
    i've had their breakfast. nothing to write home about.

Oh does that mean you get no enjoyment from it because it cost 50 whole dollars and 20 whole dollars for dinner geez Wolf its the 21st century! How much for a round of golf?
    E-Z---"from sea to shining sea''

Quote Originally Posted by mrc237 View Post
    Whatsa pint and a room cost in Gatlinburg?
    a pint of PBR in Asheville is $2

Quote Originally Posted by L. Wolf View Post
    DAMN. Get a whole case for 10.

i've had their breakfast. nothing to write home about.
    nothing like the classy buffet at HIX though

when ya movin'?

Quote Originally Posted by mrc237 View Post
    nothing like the classy buffet at HIX though
    i eat at the Huddle House

Quote Originally Posted by mogilews View Post
    This thread is for experiences at the Inn at Long Trail. Our group had some negative experiences there, and I just heard from some other folks that stayed there that they had the same problem. What's the Whiteblaze verdict on this place?
    My verdict is that you are a clod and should stay in Florida where you belong.

i never been there but i was out of body traveling once and ended up there and it seemed scary. im not goin back.
    matthewski

i eat at the Huddle House
    I bet they gotta GREAT buffet!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mogilews View Post
    This thread is for experiences at the Inn at Long Trail. Our group had some negative experiences there, and I just heard from some other folks that stayed there that they had the same problem. What's the Whiteblaze verdict on this place?
    What kind of negative experiences?

Registered User Mother's Finest's Avatar

Default next time you are in Philly

+ $50 worth of pints and $20 for dinner. no freakin bargain there.
    Weinstone and I will take you drinking. I promise a good time, but we ain't gonna get far with those types of low $$$. Gonna put that exxon cash to good work. there is a bar/restaurant on broad street that pours a mean 8 oz vodka on the rocks.

if you want PBR, we can go around the corner to Dirty Franks. Can of PBR and a shot of whiskey for $3.00. best deal in philly

peace
    mf

Com'on mo lets hear it!

Actually, $47.00 is pretty cheap, considering it's Vermont and not Gatlinburg, that it's so close to a major ski resort, etc.

Over the years, I've always been treated very well there, but it's only "expensive" because hikers are, by and large, pretty cheap, plus by the time they're in Vermont, money's getting tight for a lot of them......nobody ever complains about a seven-dollar burger at the NOC in North Carolina because everyone's still living large; 1500 miles later, people start paying attention to how much a beer costs instead of just getting whatever they want like back at the beginning of their trip. Everything seems expensive when you're watching every dime.

In any case, their bar-room is unique, very comfortable and very friendly, and if you're lucky, there'll be a great Irish band playing.

All in all, I think this place is just fine.

(Plus, you don't have to pay for a room.....there are great campsites in the woods right across the road from the Inn, and you can take the money you save and spend it in the tap-room!)

avatar= bushwhackin' mount kancamagus nh 5-8-04 neighbor dave's Avatar
    Images

BFD. plus @ $4.50 a pint it ain't worth it.
    that might be last years price! i will admit,it gets more and more spensive there every year

I've also noticed that the people that complain about prices at the Inn are generally the same folks whining about the "fee" camping sites in Vermont maintained by the Green Mountain Club.

But somehow, against all odds, these same poverty-stricken folks seem to have plenty of money to spend on pizza, beer, movies, etc., once they get to Hanover, just a few days later.

How could this be, I wonder?

Way to go Jack!! Like shelling out $65.00 for HIX in Erwin!

Quote Originally Posted by neighbor dave View Post
    that might be last years price! i will admit,it gets more and more spensive there every year
    Everything goes up when the fuel is high! Those greedy bastid Exxon shareholders. Ya gotta have big cajones to gripe about prices. The beer has gotta be cold and the water and food hot.

Quote Originally Posted by neighbor dave View Post
    you're better off walking down the road a mile or so, there's a great deli-market with all kinds of food and beer, then walk over to the state park campground and get a site for the night, have a fire and some cold ones.
    Inn at the Long Trail is overrated.

Wolf has a point (tho it's actually more than a mile to the store), but if you stay on the Trail North for another 3.3 easy miles, and then road-walk to that same store from VT 100, the walk is something like .7 instead. And those not wanting to pay to stay in the campground can camp for free a few tenths of a mile North of the State Park/Campground.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
++ New Posts ++