WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

i stayed in 06 after nearlly gettn hypothermia the nite b4 ae pico, (was late in gettn my cold-weather gear back) the inn was a salvation 4 me, i had a great time despite the high prices, and i had both shammrocks and my name drawn in my guiness.would recomemend spending a nite there 2 ne1.

I've stayed there every time I have gone through. A fine place, warm atmosphere, friendly environment. Heck, I even took a zero there in '01. Probably shouldn't have.

If you are not committed to a purist thru, take the Pico trail to the Inn. It was the AT/LT until Sept of '99. The "real" AT adds an extra three miles and only brings you to within a half mile of the Inn.
    "I too am not a bit untamed, I too am untranslatable,
    I sound my barbaric yawp over the roofs of the world." - W. W.

obligatory website link

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepy the Arab View Post
    If you are not committed to a purist thru, take the Pico trail to the Inn. It was the AT/LT until Sept of '99. The "real" AT adds an extra three miles and only brings you to within a half mile of the Inn.
    I'll second that. The old trail leading from the ridge on Pico down to Rte. 4 is pleasant and nicely graded. Some nice views near the top, where the trail crosses some slopes at Pico.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepy the Arab View Post
    Actually even if you are a purist you should take that trail. The Reloc is boring BS. It only happened for political reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Jay View Post
    The Reloc is boring BS. It only happened for political reasons.
    Hey, I helped build that section of trail!!!!

That explains it!
    E-Z---"from sea to shining sea''

Quote Originally Posted by mrc237 View Post
    That explains it!
    Quiet! (I'd probably take the blue blaze to the Inn too )

Default Good stay

I stayed there a few years back on the 5th day of a section hike that I saw nothing but rain for the last 4 days and loved the place. I even gave them a hand by removeing a big garter snake from their diningroom, waiterest was scared to death .

Winter there is all skiers and they cater to them, in the summer there are a lot of hikers so they cater to them then.

Oh one more thing on a trip up to VT my wife and I stayed there, she loved it.

Default Inn at the Long Trail

I don't really understand folks complaing about this Inn. What do you have against it? I love this place, one of the best I stayed at on my hike. Really nice staff there as well.

I agree completely with Jack Tarlin on the price 47-50 bucks (which by the way includes breakfast and represents reduced rates for hikers) is pretty cheap. In fact It's real cheap! Now if you order a big dinner complete with mugs of guiness..well the price will go up! However, I found this Inn to be very hiker friendly!

The inn is a nice but basic motel. It is right on route 4. You get a room with comfy bed and shower, there are coin op washer dryer right on premises, and the food their is wondeful! Big hiker sized breakfast. The breaksfast and the hot cocoa made it for me. Best Hot cocoa I had on the trail, and this from someone who LOVES his cocoa!

If you are really too cheep or broke..then hitch into Rutland and stay with the 12 tribes. Man..what a thread there is on them!! I haven't been there so I have no oppinion to offer.

David

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
++ New Posts ++