WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Flashlight Question

my light is 15 million candle power and 3 lbs. will it come in handy on a thruhike?
    matthewski

AT 2012

absolutely. you can use it to dry your wet asolos. and can use it for heat so you can carry a lighter sleeping bag or a top quilt. great thinking outside the box.
    Lazarus

Images

How do you attach it to your head?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Images

Lots of munchies in that pic.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Quote Originally Posted by mweinstone View Post
    my light is 15 million candle power and 3 lbs. will it come in handy on a thruhike?
    You can get a good head lamp at any EMS or outfitters for under $30 dollars. They are all the light you will need and usually have at least two different light settings. They are only a few ounces and can last up to 150 hours on one set of batteries. Leave extra batteries in your bounce box or buy them in town.
    Some even have a red bulb which is very courteous if you are in a shelter with other hikers.
    The three pound light is great for home but if you bring it on your thru, you'll be mailing it home at the first P.O.

it puts out heat 4 feet away. it has a lighter outlet i put a cig lighter in so its a fire starter too.and im thinking it can replace the stove too. must i leave it home just cause it dosnt strap on my head? when it comes to stockpiling candy, chocolate, tobacco and whisky,... nobody is more prepared for end times barter system than the ski.
    matthewski

it puts out heat 4 feet away. it has a lighter outlet i put a cig lighter in so its a fire starter too.and im thinking it can replace the stove too. must i leave it home just cause it dosnt strap on my head? when it comes to stockpiling candy, chocolate, tobacco and whisky,... nobody is more prepared for end times barter system than the ski.these will be the only forms of currency that matter.
    matthewski

it puts out heat 4 feet away. it has a lighter outlet i put a cig lighter in so its a fire starter too.and im thinking it can replace the stove too. must i leave it home just cause it dosnt strap on my head? when it comes to stockpiling candy, chocolate, tobacco and whisky,... nobody is more prepared for end times barter system than the ski.
    Have you tested it as a stove?

Right, don't want to have anything less than a 15,000,000 candle light lamp for the end times. I got two, just in case one breaks!

may your tracks be long quicktoez's Avatar
    Images

mweinstone I see you have climbed katahdin so I think you know better but reading the posts was fun especially since they took you serious..

it puts out heat 4 feet away. it has a lighter outlet i put a cig lighter in so its a fire starter too.and im thinking it can replace the stove too. must i leave it home just cause it dosnt strap on my head? when it comes to stockpiling candy, chocolate, tobacco and whisky,... nobody is more prepared for end times barter system than the ski.these will be the only forms of currency that matter.
    Does it dehydrate food too? Maybe you could buy fresh food on a thru and dehydrate what you can't eat the first two days out of town.

never been north of new hampshire. this actually could work. it needs 15 hours to charge and lasts 6 on full. 8 on not full. it has a lighter. so heres how we do it. the lighter becomes the stove and the lamp is the sleeping warmth. the dehydrater feature is nice and its a boot dryer . thats alot of stuff. and a lighter. and a bear deterent. night fishing anyone? i think we know whos the pioneer of new technique here.
    matthewski

The Incredibler Edibler

never been north of new hampshire. this actually could work. it needs 15 hours to charge and lasts 6 on full. 8 on not full. it has a lighter. so heres how we do it. the lighter becomes the stove and the lamp is the sleeping warmth. the dehydrater feature is nice and its a boot dryer . thats alot of stuff. and a lighter. and a bear deterent. night fishing anyone? i think we know whos the pioneer of new technique here.
    Forget the recharge. Get yourself 2175 miles of extension cord and you can use it on demand! Think man, think!
    A foon by any other name, is still a spork.

And if you ever get in trouble at night, just point it at the clouds with a filter that simulates a white blaze and we will all come running.

I know when I've been had. Good one. I'll remember this.

The Incredibler Edibler

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Man View Post
    And if you ever get in trouble at night, just point it at the clouds with a filter that simulates a white blaze and we will all come running.
    Sorta like a "Mat Signal"... Oh, I am so !@#$%ing funny!
    A foon by any other name, is still a spork.

Use it to illuminate your drop zone when the C-130s deliver your bounce box.

Images

****Warning******

Do not take this device into the woods. The night creatures will not know that the sun has set. They will not leave their nest. They will all starve, setting off an environmental crisis. Entire species will disappear. The Planet will get so hot, it will not be able to maintain life.

it actually dosnt plug in except to recharge and dosnt work while doing so.and i think it is closer to 6 lbs.it came with a charge cord for car charcging and one for the house. it would have to be used in conjunktion with a folding solar pannel. charging by day while you walk, at night you set up a hooped bivi and heat it with a timer that turnes it on and off. walla! sleep in undis under a sheet and save weight.
    im starting to wonder if i should bring this 6 d cell mag , shown here in the "beat the burgler by the door position"instead. its only extra use is as a nut cracker or rolling pin.
    matthewski

Quote Originally Posted by Spork View Post
    Sorta like a "Mat Signal"...
    Exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by Spork View Post
    Oh, I am so !@#$%ing funny!
    NOT Exactly!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++