WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Squeaky coming out to play this year?

How now Squeaky? Record attempt this year? Or has his attention drifted to other distractions like Himalayan mountaineering or round-the-world bicycling or hot dog eating or girls? Do tell.

Warren had him "eliminated."

No sense to come all the way here and then have me lower his mark just days after his completion. Wouldn't that be deflating.

Default Post #2 is a falsehood

Nothing could be farther from the truth.
    Warren Doyle PhD
    34,000-miler (and counting)
    [email protected]
    www.warrendoyle.com

post #3 is an untruthtoid

I don't know why so many are so hard on Squeaky. I applaud him for his effort. It is too bad he had the wrong footwear. I hope he does it this year.

Well, as far as I can remember, there was only one person who was against squeeky's attemp....

AT 2012

Saimyoji, I may be almost as obsessed with crossword puzzles and puns as with hiking... anyway, please forgive me for pointing out that attempt has just one more 't' on the end (would white blaze be looking for a spelling monitor?) anyway, I only point this out because 'attempt' could be re-written as:
    'AT tempt', as in 'Appalachian Trail tempt'... which is what this thread is about -- tempting Squeaky to go for the record!!!
    Lazarus

Quote Originally Posted by stevenleelazarus View Post
    Saimyoji, I may be almost as obsessed with crossword puzzles and puns as with hiking... anyway, please forgive me for pointing out that attempt has just one more 't' on the end (would white blaze be looking for a spelling monitor?) anyway, I only point this out because 'attempt' could be re-written as:
    'AT tempt', as in 'Appalachian Trail tempt'... which is what this thread is about -- tempting Squeaky to go for the record!!!
    What you been smokin'?

Images

Default ATtempt

Quote Originally Posted by stevenleelazarus View Post
    'AT tempt', as in 'Appalachian Trail tempt'...
    Thank you very much for pointing this out. I think eArThworm might enjoy your post about AT tempt. I like a slightly different variant, ATtempt, although I'm doubtful it's a word of much use as it would need to be used to begin sentences unless used in the manner I've used it already, wouldn't it?

ATtempts such as using ATtempt in a sentence are best limited to a single, short post. I wouldn't want to spend a day let alone months on such an endeavor any more than I could bring myself to eat green eggs and ham (or spam).

Thank God! I just looked to see if this thread was straight forward and it's not.

i am still here folks. i have alot to update you about and not all good. just waiting to here back from a proposal that could mean me traveling the world attempting speed records of all descriptions.
    the sub40 is still on and i will update when it will start.
    all the best and happy trails!!

Good to hear from you, Squeaky! Good luck, have fun, and I hope your adventures bring you back to Maine sometime!
    Teej

"[ATers] represent three percent of our use and about twenty percent of our effort," retired Baxter Park Director Jensen Bissell.

Resurrectummed! (pun on that )

Kick some A Squeeky.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky 2 View Post
    i am still here folks. i have alot to update you about and not all good. just waiting to here back from a proposal that could mean me traveling the world attempting speed records of all descriptions.
    the sub40 is still on and i will update when it will start.
    all the best and happy trails!!
    I thought Squeaky was a 27 yr old male named Matthew from England, not a 48 yr old lady named Stephanie from England. Am I missing sometihng hear? Is this dis-information?

View public profile of Squeaky 2 for reference to my thinking.

Concerned,
    GlazeDog

We're all just figments of your imagination, Glazed

(S2 is Squeaky's Mum's WB log on)
    Teej

"[ATers] represent three percent of our use and about twenty percent of our effort," retired Baxter Park Director Jensen Bissell.

Musta notta gotta lotta sleep last night. Heater's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by GlazeDog View Post
    I thought Squeaky was a 27 yr old male named Matthew from England, not a 48 yr old lady named Stephanie from England. Am I missing sometihng hear? Is this dis-information?

Concerned,
    GlazeDog
    Stephanie is his Mum and she'll kick yer butt if you diss her boy.

The "Squeaky" logon name was taken when she signed on to WB.

Images

Ahhhh! That makes sense now. She should add something to her profile so the uninformed can understand her relationship to the hiking royalty Squeaky.

Not concerned anymore--
    GlazeDog

p.s. just lookin' out for Squeaky's rep.

Default Cheers Austexs

Quote Originally Posted by Austexs View Post
    Stephanie is his Mum and she'll kick yer butt if you diss her boy.

The "Squeaky" logon name was taken when she signed on to WB.

Thanks for updating the WB that I am Squeaky's Mum., I was not too sure how to log on when I was following Matthew (Squeaky) and I know it did get a bit confusing when people thought Squeaky was answering himself, but at least someone out there knew. Missing the WB as alot has been happening and I cannot wait until Squeaky goes for the sub 40 cause the WB will know I am back.

Will be reading all your enteries and catching up on all the hikes.

For now

Cheerio

Stephanie the 48 year old from England, aka Squeaky's Mum

Images

:banana

Quote Originally Posted by GlazeDog View Post

Concerned,
    GlazeDog
    I offered to give my wife's login of "Squeaky" to them, but haven't heard anything.

She got her nick by squeaking every time she trips or slips on the trail, which is lots.

Troll, she doesn't post here anymore, and told me around a year ago that you could delete her profile and give the sign-on to the Irish folks in question.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++