WhiteBlaze Pages
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
$10 for printed copy(paperback). $6 for interactive PDF. $2 for printable PDF.
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26

Thread: Franklin

  1. #1
    Registered User brancher's Avatar
    Join Date
    07-16-2004
    Location
    Wilmington/Leland, NC
    Posts
    314

    Default Franklin

    Hi,

    Doing my spring section in a couple of weeks, re-supplying in Franklin, NC.

    Question: Is Haven's Budget Inn the best place to stay in Franklin? If not, then where?

    I've heard some great things about Haven's, just wanted to throw it out.

    Also, Three Eagles Outfitters - Okay to ship food to?

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    modern gypsy sloopjonboswell's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-21-2007
    Location
    Kennesaw, GA
    Age
    40
    Posts
    342
    Images
    11

    Default

    word is ron haven is the best in business in franklin.
    hey hey, my my

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    03-24-2005
    Location
    Phoenix, Az
    Age
    69
    Posts
    361

    Default

    Ron Haven is the best in town and you can send shipments to his place. Franklin is a good size town with all the food you will need, walmart, kmart, ingles, and many others. Ron also shuttles from his hotels to any of these places you need to go.

  4. #4
    Section Hiking to Maine. little bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-17-2005
    Location
    Dunn, North Carolina
    Age
    40
    Posts
    285
    Images
    40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brancher View Post
    Hi,

    Doing my spring section in a couple of weeks, re-supplying in Franklin, NC.

    Question: Is Haven's Budget Inn the best place to stay in Franklin? If not, then where?

    I've heard some great things about Haven's, just wanted to throw it out.

    Also, Three Eagles Outfitters - Okay to ship food to?

    Thanks.

    Ron Haven is the best person to put you up while in Frankiln. He will also pick you up at US 64 and shuttle you where ever you need to go. Plus Ron can tell you about the area that you are in.

    Cant say enough good things about Ron Haven.

    LB
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

  5. #5
    GA-ME-04
    Join Date
    01-23-2005
    Location
    Denton, N.C.
    Age
    50
    Posts
    247
    Images
    20

    Default

    Go see Ron Haven........He's a good man.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    08-11-2005
    Location
    Gainesville, Florida
    Age
    66
    Posts
    7,159
    Images
    1

    Default

    Where else you gonna stay? Who else is going to pick you up?

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    10-12-2002
    Location
    Hanover, NH
    Posts
    13,191

    Default

    I stay at the Sapphire Inn, also owned by Ron. But you can't go wrong whatever you do, he is THE man in Franklin.

  8. #8
    Ron Haven's Avatar
    Join Date
    03-15-2007
    Location
    Donating Member in Franklin,NC
    Age
    63
    Posts
    1,625
    Images
    81

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Tarlin View Post
    I stay at the Sapphire Inn, also owned by Ron. But you can't go wrong whatever you do, he is THE man in Franklin.
    friends,thanks for your recommendations.I will try hard to fullfil them.

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    10-12-2002
    Location
    Hanover, NH
    Posts
    13,191

    Default

    Just save me a room at the Sapphire on Saturday night the 31st!!

    (Will call you to confirm this, but hope to see you there on my way to Georgia!!)

  10. #10
    Ron Haven's Avatar
    Join Date
    03-15-2007
    Location
    Donating Member in Franklin,NC
    Age
    63
    Posts
    1,625
    Images
    81

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Tarlin View Post
    Just save me a room at the Sapphire on Saturday night the 31st!!

    (Will call you to confirm this, but hope to see you there on my way to Georgia!!)
    call me as you are coming thru.my cell is 828-349-4231 I'll call the office and reserve it for you.King bed,smoking right?

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    11-20-2002
    Location
    Damascus, Virginia
    Age
    62
    Posts
    31,245

    Default

    hey ron, i'll stop by tomorrow mornin' round 10ish to say hello as i'm goin' to hiawassee

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    10-12-2002
    Location
    Hanover, NH
    Posts
    13,191

    Default

    King Bed is correct; Smoking; and in all likelihood, Single Occupancy, barring some sort of miracle........

    Will call, thanx!

  13. #13
    Ron Haven's Avatar
    Join Date
    03-15-2007
    Location
    Donating Member in Franklin,NC
    Age
    63
    Posts
    1,625
    Images
    81

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Haven View Post
    call me as you are coming thru.my cell is 828-349-4231 I'll call the office and reserve it for you.King bed,smoking right?
    Jack,we are booked in King bed smoking rooms so I had Rm #27 smoking with double beds.Trail friends you aren't obligated to stay in a room to attend the bash.You can tent,come in for the day or what ever you want.I have 50 rooms available if you like to reserve.In case we fill up,I will shuttle you to another motel to assure lodging for you who don't reserve.(828)524-4403 is Sapphire Inn

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    10-12-2002
    Location
    Hanover, NH
    Posts
    13,191

    Default

    Anyplace at all is just fine, Ron, talk to you soon.

  15. #15
    Ron Haven's Avatar
    Join Date
    03-15-2007
    Location
    Donating Member in Franklin,NC
    Age
    63
    Posts
    1,625
    Images
    81

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by L. Wolf View Post
    hey ron, i'll stop by tomorrow mornin' round 10ish to say hello as i'm goin' to hiawassee
    I'll take you out to breakfast if you have time.

  16. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    11-20-2002
    Location
    Damascus, Virginia
    Age
    62
    Posts
    31,245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Haven View Post
    I'll take you out to breakfast if you have time.
    i'll try to get there earlier. i have time either way. laura at cloud 9 is running me over to amicalola late afternoon so i have time to kill.

  17. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    03-18-2007
    Location
    Bowling Green, Ohio
    Age
    35
    Posts
    10

    Default

    anyone know if theres an amtrack station near franklin? i tried to look it up on their website but it came back with 3 different franklin north carolinas. one had an amtrack station 4 miles away, the others were over 35-40 miles away.

  18. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    10-12-2002
    Location
    Hanover, NH
    Posts
    13,191

    Default

    I am quite sure there is not. But you can call Ron to find the closest station.

  19. #19
    Registered User
    Join Date
    11-20-2002
    Location
    Damascus, Virginia
    Age
    62
    Posts
    31,245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moonshine View Post
    anyone know if theres an amtrack station near franklin? i tried to look it up on their website but it came back with 3 different franklin north carolinas. one had an amtrack station 4 miles away, the others were over 35-40 miles away.
    i'm thinkin charlotte, n.c. is the closest, a few hours away.

  20. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    11-20-2002
    Location
    Damascus, Virginia
    Age
    62
    Posts
    31,245

    Default

    maybe tacoa, ga. is closer.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •