WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Images

Default Ron Haven's April Fool's Bash

Hi all. I want to know more about Ron Haven's April Fools Bash In Frankin, especially since I took Ron up on his offer for vendors to set up for free. I did a little searching and it looks like it last for more than one day. Maybe someone can link us up to a website. Maybe this thread could become a source for bash info. When does it start? Is there a main location? What are some of the events? Will people be trading/selling used equipment (that's what I want to know, since I am interested in getting that WB winter makeover)? Hope to meet some of you there. You'll know me by my camo Gator hat, the official AT hat this year in TN.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Blazer View Post
    You'll know me by my camo Gator hat, the official AT hat this year in TN.
    On the AT that is.

Images

Thanks. Looks like it is Saturday, Mar 31 and Sunday Apr 1. There will be live music, food, I know I'll be there vending/bartering. Where do you go? Is it spread out between the 2 hotels? Should you report to the Sapphire or the Budget?

Images

Hi all. I want to know more about Ron Haven's April Fools Bash In Frankin, especially since I took Ron up on his offer for vendors to set up for free. I did a little searching and it looks like it last for more than one day. Maybe someone can link us up to a website. Maybe this thread could become a source for bash info. When does it start? Is there a main location? What are some of the events? Will people be trading/selling used equipment (that's what I want to know, since I am interested in getting that WB winter makeover)? Hope to meet some of you there. You'll know me by my camo Gator hat, the official AT hat this year in TN.
    Sapphire Inn is where we are having the bash.761 E Main Street (828) 524-4406 http://sapphireinn.net we are 2 short blocks to Budget Inn 433 E Palmer Street (828) 524-4403 http://havensbudgetinn.com We will be starting to gather Fri 3/30 5pm thru Sun 4/1 and all of you are welcome.

Images

What time would you say the festivities begin on Sat? I'm driving up from FL and I can't leave 'til 2 PM on Fri. It takes me 12-14 hours to get there. I am a slow Gray Blazer. I figure I can catch a sunrise at some summit near there and then sleep all night after Sat's activities.

Images

What time would you say the festivities begin on Sat? I'm driving up from FL and I can't leave 'til 2 PM on Fri. It takes me 12-14 hours to get there. I am a slow Gray Blazer. I figure I can catch a sunrise at some summit near there and then sleep all night after Sat's activities.
    We will have breakfast by 7am.I will be bussing most of the day bringing hikers in.The Band will be showing up at about 6pm.

Wish I could be there again this year Ron, but you know the story. Next year for sure.

Images

On the AT that is.
    If others want to set up as vendors you can.I just booked another band to play in early evening on Sat before the Waldroop band starts on Sat nite.Maybe we can have a hiker music talent in between breaks.Digger51 I hate you can't make it.

The journey is the destination eventidecu's Avatar
    Images

Where is everyone staying? Is there any camping or tenting stealth (el cheapo) style nearby? Ron what are the rates for staying there and or nearby?

Images

Lots of free camping on the AT. You should probably call Ron at the hotel to find out rates

Images

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by eventidecu View Post
    Where is everyone staying? Is there any camping or tenting stealth (el cheapo) style nearby? Ron what are the rates for staying there and or nearby?
    I have space for tenting free.I may offend someone for posting rates but if you will call 828-524-4403.We give hikers the same great rates any time of the year.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Haven View Post
    I have space for tenting free.I may offend someone for posting rates but if you will call 828-524-4403.We give hikers the same great rates any time of the year.

since this bash will be this weekend.I would like to boost this back to the top in case someone don't know about it.If anyone has questions call us at the numbers listed in these post.

Images

since this bash will be this weekend.I would like to boost this back to the top in case someone don't know about it.If anyone has questions call us at the numbers listed in these post.
    I'll be calling you tonight to reserve a room (if they are not already all taken).

the hiker formaly known as Wonderfoot
    Images

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...mageID=2462473

For those from the north east......it is your first stop for Yuengling Lager!
    We were pretty psyched about it last year!

The long brown path before me leading wherever I choose............................................ ...
    Strong and content I travel the open road
    ~Walt Whitman Song of the open road

Images

This worked better

The long brown path before me leading wherever I choose............................................ ...

Images

OK....I"m just not computer sabe

Wonderfoot, can I stay in your room? I'm bringing you something very special.

Images

Thumbs up

Ron, I won't be able to be there, but I want you to know that when my daughter Grass spoke of you in '04, there was a glow in her voice! So, even though I haven't met yet, you have a warm place in my heart for being so kind to her. As I recall, she had bailed out to Franklin for a couple of days due to snow and/or hurting knees. I think there's a photo of you in my gallery, that she took. Best to you!

RainMan

[I]ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit....[/I]. Numbers 35

[url]www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker[/url]

Images

Quote Originally Posted by bfitz View Post
    Wonderfoot, can I stay in your room? I'm bringing you something very special.
    Sorry man.....no can do.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
++ New Posts ++