WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default People

Originally posted by gumball
    We just finished a week in North and Central Shenandoah. There are quite a few places to resupply, as mentioned, once you hit the campground areas--I have to agree, however, that the Aramark folks are about the LEAST pleasant people I have ever encountered--with the exception of the folks at the Lewis Mountain campstore (nice campgrounds by the way).
    People are people. On my thru-hike, I found great Aramark people at Elkwallow Wayside. I certainly wouldn't characterize anyone in SNP as being unpleasant

Images

Default 5 days

i went into shenendoah with 5 days of food. It took me 5 days to get thru, however i did have food left over. Panorama has no meals or snacks at all, its been shut down. Be aware of when you plan to go thru. We were early in the season and loft mtn store was just stocking the shelves as we went by. they were very kind and let us hang in the store during a terrible cold rain. We could purchase things but not get change back I did snack at Lewis mtn store and ate a meal at both skyland and elkwallow. Skipped Big meadows.
    I could have got by coming in with only 3 days, but its up to the individual here. I felt like the food was a bit pricey and the resupply quite shotty. I suppose that if you needed a dinner or snack it would be just fine, but some thrus were trying to resupply from elkwallow to get to harpers ferry on ramen and little debbies. All depends about your funds and how you wanna hike ur hike.
    You can always hitch into luray and send a maildrop to the PO there. Couple folks did that.
    A-Train

When we got to SNP, all of the concessions were closed except one, despite what the Thru-hikers Handbook says, SNP stores may not open until the end of May or so. If you are planning an earlier start date this may be a problem for resupply. That being said- I think it took us about 5 days to hike the park so it is not a problem if you are aware that the stores may be closed.

The one store that was open charged about 2 times what anything was worth and I would have been eating crackers and cookies if we had relied on the store for resupply.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++