Hi, my name is Adrienne. I am seriously thinking (not yet planning...that is a ways off...) of doing a thru-hike starting in '08 or '09.

I currently run a boarding kennel in NJ, and my husband works at an health insurance company. We have a 6 year old son.

I know that I will probably be told not to, but I want to hike with my child and one dog. We will be hiking to the extent that my son can hike. I realize that it will take 2 summers to finish, as I want to take my time and enjoy things, plus I would be home schooling (or is it trail schooling..?) my son, Killian.

I understand the nutritional requirements for dogs on the trail, and the intensity of what I potentially want to do, please no flaming. I own a boarding kennel, so I know where he will go if there is an issue. I also am an obedience instructor/animal behavior therapist, and all my dogs know where they belong in the pack (at the very end.).

I am interested in hammock hiking, still in the research phase. I know that since I will potentially be bringing a dog, that shelters may not be an option. I want to be as respectful as possible.

Anyhoo, I thought I would do a quick introduction...have a good one!

-Adrienne