WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Lilred View Post
    I guess us sectioners just don't have any class........
    Just when I thought I finally found a group where I fit! I don't want anything to do with phony people who think they are special, but I'd also like to think that I have some personal standards and am something more than human trash fit to be cast off by society.

Maybe I'll just continue to maintain my membership in my own little group limited to those who are me and not join any other groups.

On second thought, maybe I could join them all! Is that allowed? My budget probably couldn't handle the membership dues to belong to all the groups. I guess it's just a no win situation.
    Last edited by emerald; 03-25-2007 at 11:40. Reason: Added second thought.

Default Wow...

...a lot of great replies so far!

Last year I remember meeting on occasion, section hikers that seemed to place themselves in a diminiutive role when compared to thrus. I always made it a point to say something positive to them about getting to be out there year after year.
    There was one hiker, Senator, that started from Springer beginning of March and was hiking to Harper's Ferry. We would light-heartedly kid him about being a section hiker. But we never actually looked down on him. He was out there with us and by Neel's Gap, had already hiked more of the trail than most people ever will.

I don't really think that we have to be "labeled" sectioners, or thrus, etc... to me, we're hikers. And of course, like LW says, everyone is a section hiker until they hike the entire trail (in one year). I guess that's why I like the ATC's recogintion of 2000 miler instead of gategorizing how the trail was completed.

Images

What about people like me who hike the same sections over and over again? There must be other people who take their pitiful couple of weeks vacation and try to hit the trail at least once a year. Until my big hike I'll continue to hike vicariously through the rest of ya'll. And I'm happy to be a part of the hiker trash class.

Quote Originally Posted by Shades of Gray View Post
    On second thought, maybe I could join them all! Is that allowed? My budget probably couldn't handle the membership dues to belong to all the groups. I guess it's just a no win situation.
    Not to mention having to keep track of all the different secret handshakes!

Images

I have been section hiking for 4 years< When I finish will be the year I finish. I think section hikers find it demanding physically because you never really get in stride if you are out for only a week.
    Hillbilly

I'm JUST a hiker, not sure about any class though, I thought all hikers were equal in that we are all out enjoying what we love to do, XPLORING!
    WALK ON

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++