WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Fannypack is a troublemaking old woman.

Images

I gotta say I'm not going to miss the 13 hour drive from Ohio and back to get to Hanover for the weekend. Hooray there are things to do around Gettysburg. Restaurants, a brewing company, not to mention the battlefield (which is a great reason to come out a day or two early). Now if only the area around Pipestem just had some of the same. Oh wait, i forgot. There is a CVS, dorm food and a pizza shop.
    What? Me worry??

Images

[QUOTE=Jester2000;344858]Just got back today from the ALDHA Spring Meeting, and the board spent most of the time eating, staying dry, making fun of the town of Walnut Bottom, PA (maybe that was just me and Blister), and having much fervent debate over long-settled issues.

What, someone still moaning about the $3 dues increase?
    What? Me worry??

Images

[QUOTE=RedneckRye;345631]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester2000 View Post
    Just got back today from the ALDHA Spring Meeting, and the board spent most of the time eating, staying dry, making fun of the town of Walnut Bottom, PA (maybe that was just me and Blister), and having much fervent debate over long-settled issues.

What, someone still moaning about the $3 dues increase?
    Nah, no one is complaining about the $3 increase, as a matter of fact, members are so thoughtful and generous, that some have mailed in the additional $3 check for this year because they forgot the dues went up to $10 from $7. Cool eh? I love this community.

I want to do that brewery run Maybe we can get a group together the day before - you're talking Pottsville right?

Images

I live 35 miles from Gettysburg have been there many times. Great place to visit but like any tourist town to many tourists. I can't wait to go to the Gathering.
    A Fact Of Life:

After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says;

W T F...............

KB3SYZ
    -.- -... ...-- ... -.-- --..

http://shakeyleggs.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by StarLyte View Post
    I want to do that brewery run Maybe we can get a group together the day before - you're talking Pottsville right?
    No, it's not Yeungling, which is in Pottsville, it's the Appalachian Brewing Company, out of Harrisburg. They make a crazy beer called Mad Elf. Their main brewery is not in G-Burg, but they have a restaurant and bar there.
    Drab as a Fool, as aloof as a Bard!

http://www.wizardsofthepct.com

the hiker formaly known as Wonderfoot
    Images

Brewing company good.....MMMmmmmm Beer

The long brown path before me leading wherever I choose............................................ ...
    Strong and content I travel the open road
    ~Walt Whitman Song of the open road

Default Jester

I know we talked about this at the Warmer, but is Appalachian Brewing Co. (ABC) officially tied to the event or is it just a convenient bar in town?

Would love to see them pony up some proceeds to the ALDHA, ATC and the like. They do have AT stuff on the walls of their bars and on their beer labels. Seems like they jumpin' someone else's train. As it were.

Sidenote: As a lifelone Harrisburger, ABC's only really good beer is the Scottish Red. Everything else is chalky. The true Harrisburg beer is Treog's. Every beer distinct and full of alcohol by the volume.

Question #2: Jester, since I am already here in NYC and studying international law, can I be the Billville delegate the United Nations? There is a concept in international law called jus cogens. That means that there is never any justification for acts of slavery, piracy or torture. Those are the big three. I could lobby that contra-dancing be elevated to international norm of jus cogens. Whaddya say? I promise I would only use my diplomatic immunity for peace, justice and the fall of Wolf Blitzer.

Quote Originally Posted by Yahtzee View Post
    I know we talked about this at the Warmer, but is Appalachian Brewing Co. (ABC) officially tied to the event or is it just a convenient bar in town?
    Would love to see them pony up some proceeds to the ALDHA, ATC and the like. They do have AT stuff on the walls of their bars and on their beer labels. Seems like they jumpin' someone else's train. As it were.
    No, it's just a convenient bar in town, although more convenient is the Pub, which is in the square (which is actually a circle). I don't know that ALDHA would want sponsorship from an alcohol related business. It's not the organization's kind of thing. It would be nice of them to maybe make a donation to ATC, though.

Sidenote: As a lifelone Harrisburger. . .
    I understand that those are delicious. . .

ABC's only really good beer is the Scottish Red. Everything else is chalky. The true Harrisburg beer is Treog's.
    Big fan of Troegs. Seriously, though. You've got to try Mad Elf. Think they've got it at The Doyle.

Question #2: Jester, since I am already here in NYC and studying international law, can I be the Billville delegate the United Nations? There is a concept in international law called jus cogens. That means that there is never any justification for acts of slavery, piracy or torture. Those are the big three. I could lobby that contra-dancing be elevated to international norm of jus cogens. Whaddya say? I promise I would only use my diplomatic immunity for peace, justice and the fall of Wolf Blitzer.
    Yes, I think that's an excellent idea. Question, though. What language would the interpreter be speaking into your headphones?
    Drab as a Fool, as aloof as a Bard!

http://www.wizardsofthepct.com

Creole, of course.

Billville should withhold its UN dues until the UN cleans up its act.

the hiker formaly known as Wonderfoot
    Images

I second the motion

The long brown path before me leading wherever I choose............................................ ...
    Strong and content I travel the open road
    ~Walt Whitman Song of the open road

Images

All in favor say "I"
    Blister "Bitchen" Sister

Images

The aye's have it! Next on the agenda?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++