WhiteBlaze Pages 2022
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
$5 for printable PDF, AVAILABLE NOW. $9 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

I'm the man on the mountain, come on up.....
    Images

Default well im southbound mama

headed southbound in late may of 2008....just fyi....see ya

I'll see you out there... if you don't walk too fast. I'm planning for june 1. Looks like there are a few others shooting for the same, or at least early june.

I'm still selling a house, finishing a job, and closing life down, so june 1 is my hopeful date, it may turn into a later date as time goes on.

Speaking of closing life down... I have a cat... I'm going to take her on a three day trip soon. If she likes it, I'll bring her along to keep the mice away, and help with digging those special cat holes. If she doesn't like it out there, is anyone open to watching a cat for 6 months? She's fairly clean, and almost always lets me win our arguments.

whoops... 2008 isn't 2007. I guess I'd have to walk pretty slow for you to catch up a year later

Images

Default Cat?

Quote Originally Posted by TomScanlan View Post
    I'll see you out there... if you don't walk too fast. I'm planning for june 1. Looks like there are a few others shooting for the same, or at least early june.

I'm still selling a house, finishing a job, and closing life down, so june 1 is my hopeful date, it may turn into a later date as time goes on.

Speaking of closing life down... I have a cat... I'm going to take her on a three day trip soon. If she likes it, I'll bring her along to keep the mice away, and help with digging those special cat holes. If she doesn't like it out there, is anyone open to watching a cat for 6 months? She's fairly clean, and almost always lets me win our arguments.
    Are you going to carry your cat or will she be on a leash? I've heard of someone doing this before. Please let us know how the 3 day trip goes.
    Camich

Quote Originally Posted by camich View Post
    Are you going to carry your cat or will she be on a leash? I've heard of someone doing this before.
    Our very own Geek (Jim Adams.) Cat's name was Ziggy.

I hope your cat likes the hike. I'd be thrilled to know there is a cat a day or two ahead of me.

I hope to see you and your cat on the trail.
    "I learned long ago that the most important and valuable of acting techniques is the exit...Keep them asking, and exit clean and sharp."
    - Travels with Charley

Puffin took her two cats on her MEGA thru. She let them off the leads just as she entered the 100 Mile to see if they'd trot along beside her. She never saw them again.
    Teej

"[ATers] represent three percent of our use and about twenty percent of our effort," retired Baxter Park Director Jensen Bissell.

Images

Coyotes enjoyed them.

Well there is a lot of "no dog" warnings out there, but I haven't seen any "no pets" or specifically "no cats". I am hesitant to go leashless, just based on how independant cats are, but who knows, maybe she'd become like yogi the cat I heard about living around one of the shelters a few years back.

I can fully believe the dissapearing cat act on the 100 mile wilderness. There's lots to explore out there for a silly kitty.

I really think she won't like it, but keep that quiet so as not to spoil her fresh opinion.

++ New Posts ++