WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Journal Entries
    Images

Default Trails Crossing, Damascus, Virginia

There is a new business located right beside the Baja Cafe here in Damascus, Virginia.

"Trails Crossing Fly Fishing Outfitter and Espresso Bar"
    101 South Shady Ave
    Damascus, Va.

Offering a variety of prducts including:
    Coffee/ espresso drinks-Fly fishing gear
    Real fruit smoothies-Last minute trail needs
    Trail mixes-Other unique items

Open Thursday thru Monday 7:30 am to 5 pm

Default matthewski set to win fishing contest in damascus

i need fly string for the contest. ive adapted my reel to my carbon fiber tent pole of my megamid tent. all i need is a flyline, some eyelets and an eyelet repair kit to attatch them with. and a way to lock the tubes together. ive got the pole,reel and flys. well really i got hooks . i just use beatles or such bugs i find on nearby bushes. that way i got the proper bait for that body of water. yo wanderer, you know the rules of the fishing contest during trail days? i know i can fish right in town. wee willy told me about it. anyway, im puttin this rod together to be the first tentpole kit ive heard of. if it works, ill only be carrying a small sac of reel and hook to be ready to fish anywhere in the future. the eyelets and pole will stow just where the pole allways stays. im really looking forward to tryin this out. glad to know i dont need to buy a line here in philly as its 65$ for a good peice of string. rip off city. ive had this plan to make my pole a pole for about 10 years. wish me luck. we may have fish for dinner bro.
    matthewski

Images

Quote Originally Posted by The Only Wanderer View Post
    There is a new business located right beside the Baja Cafe here in Damascus, Virginia.

"Trails Crossing Fly Fishing Outfitter and Espresso Bar"
    Anybody that makes real Italian or Cuban espresso can't be all bad. I'll check 'em out next time I come see you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker View Post
    Anybody that makes real Italian or Cuban espresso can't be all bad. I'll check 'em out next time I come see you guys.
    just cuz the machine was made in italy or cuba doesn't mean it's good. why's italy shaped like a boot?
    couldn't fit all that s**t in a sneaker

Images

:banana

Quote Originally Posted by L. Wolf View Post
    just cuz the machine was made in italy or cuba doesn't mean it's good. why's italy shaped like a boot?
    couldn't fit all that s**t in a sneaker
    My dad-in-law brings me a couple of bricks of Puerto Rican espresso every time he goes to Florida to see his brothers. He left Cuba in '58 right before Castro mucked everything up for true.

I make espresso in an old aluminum pot, made in P.R. about 20 years ago. It ain't the machine, it's the bean.

BTW, good It'ly joke.

++ New Posts ++