WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Images

Yeah, I'll drop my check in the mail this week.

Hey, Jan, if enough of us buy the book, will you replace your LT journal on Trail Journals? I enjoyed re-reading parts of that every once in a while....
    Ken B
    'Big Cranky'
    Our Long Trail journal

Quote Originally Posted by Jan LiteShoe View Post
    Nope, book is already printed, Jim.
    Come to the Long Trail festival in Rutland on August 17-19 and see for yourself..
    Check it out: http://www.longtrailfestivalvt.com/
    Heck, you're not far away. I walked to New Hampshire from Rutland once.

Bring Winter!

It is a sad day when a dog that has hiked more miles than most human hikers can't attend a hiker gathering.
    The following is taken from the event info:
    "Pets: Due to this being a family event, dogs and other critters are not allowed on site this year. This includes leaving pets in vehicles."
    So it appears that both Winter and I are not welcome at that event. I fall under the "other critters" reference.

Registered User SawnieRobertson's Avatar
    Journal Entries

Unless it is an unusual August day in Rutland, no dog should be left in a vehicle unless at night. There is an ABKA kennel there. Kinda difficult to find, and the person with whom I dealt seemed afraid of my Standard Poodle GRIZ, but at least there would be no heat stroke.--Kinnickinic
    You never know just what you can do until you realize you absolutely have to do it.
    --Salaun

Quote Originally Posted by superman View Post
    It is a sad day when a dog that has hiked more miles than most human hikers can't attend a hiker gathering.
    The following is taken from the event info:
    "Pets: Due to this being a family event, dogs and other critters are not allowed on site this year. This includes leaving pets in vehicles."
    So it appears that both Winter and I are not welcome at that event. I fall under the "other critters" reference.
    Hi Jim,
    I know the Festival is using the Rutland Fairgrounds for camping and festivities, so perhaps the town has so ruled. I don't know the details. Sorry about that! Winter is an exceptional gal.

Default Yay!!

the book will be available on my website http://www.FunFreedom.com
    Great news, Jan!
    Just ordered mine (with Mrs TJ's paypal!)
    Hope to see you in VT!
    Teej

"[ATers] represent three percent of our use and about twenty percent of our effort," retired Baxter Park Director Jensen Bissell.

Default "The Ordinary Adventurer"

Hi Jim,
    I know the Festival is using the Rutland Fairgrounds for camping and festivities, so perhaps the town has so ruled. I don't know the details. Sorry about that! Winter is an exceptional gal.
    I would love to see your presentation. I've enjoyed books of other people who have written about the AT. I'm sure that I will enjoy your book about the LT.

Whew! Hey everyone, I just dropped back into the conversation after three solid months of work submersion.
    What ever happened to the simple life? I want to live in the woods again and worry about blisters and whether I have enough Snickers to make it through the Smokies.

But - the immersion produced a result. My book has been delivered to the PUBLISHER! HOORAY!
    (Sorry, it was a total bannana moment).

I feel like I gave birth to a whale. Who knew writing a book was so hard, or took so long? But the end result is something I am really proud of.

"The Ordinary Adventurer" A Primer for Baby Adventurers and Other Musings on the Nature of Journey is the story of my learning curve for the AT - all the uncertainty and self-doubt of a newbie ("Can I do it? Do I have the right stuff?"), all the unknowns, all the new gear, the over-loaded maildrops.
    An August End-to-End thru-hike of Vermont's Long Trail served as my apprenticeship.

The LT was the longest thru-hike I could undertake at the time without quitting my "day" job, and it was a terrific prep for the much-longer AT.

Ha! If you can do the Long Trail, you can do the AT.

Anyway, I feel like helium. I am ready to CELEBRATE at Trail Days this weekend. Woohoo!

See ya there!
    I've got a question on how that signed copy of your book works. Is that a stamp pad that says "something non-distinct", or is it your actual signature that justs say "Jan?" Or are they personalized like "To Superman, who used to be faster than a speeding bullet but is now only half fast?"

I've got a question on how that signed copy of your book works. Is that a stamp pad that says "something non-distinct", or is it your actual signature that justs say "Jan?" Or are they personalized like "To Superman, who used to be faster than a speeding bullet but is now only half fast?"
    Jan answers your question here, on her website.
    Roland

Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    Jan answers your question here, on her website.
    ...oops...

The book came in today and it was very nicely signed with an inscription. This is going to be a good read.

Geezer

The book came in today and it was very nicely signed with an inscription. This is going to be a good read.
    Sniff. Mine came a day too late. Got an email from my wife saying it arrived yesterday after I left. Now I won't be home until the 29th.

Ah well, something to look forward to.
    Frosty

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++