WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    http://www.facebook.com/themissjanet Miss Janet's Avatar
    Images

Default the AT Telephone game....

You all know how it is played... you whisper a phrase or sentence to the person on your left and then they repeat it to the next person and so on. The fun part of the game is to hear the last person say the phrase out loud. Rarely is it even close to the first phrase and it is usually just a confusing mishmash of nonsense that makes everyone laugh!

The AT version isn't always so funny... but it is almost always just as inaccurate. So, before this newest game of AT Telephone gets any farther from the truth... let me make an official announcement.

Miss Janet's House will be closing up in a few weeks.

Some recent rumours have had me bankrupt, gravely ill, and getting married. None of these things are true. It is simply the right time to make some major life changes. My youngest daughter graduated this week and will turn 18 in a few weeks. Legal childsupport obligations for her father are now over and this house was a large part of that arrangement for the past 7 years. Now her father is losing his position of over 28 years. The Snap On Tools plant where he has spent his career, is closing down.

MISS JANET"S HOUSE has outgrown this building and neighborhood and I can not justify trying to continue the business at this address. We agreed to sell the home and divide any equity as soon as possible. (Ever want to live in a nice old home in a small town like Erwin??) Only the home is for sale... not the business!

These circumstances give me the best opportunity to research options and search out the perfect property to build the ideal year round outdoor adventure business. The plans will include a homestyle hostel with several unique lodging options, full shuttle services, backpacking workshops, hiking retreats, and much more! I have been looking at local property and talking to a few people about some possible options. I will be accepting ideas and comments at from friends at [email protected]. Wish me the best.

Now, feel free to pass it on to the person on your left...

Images

Best wishes for your new endeavor. Seems like the old adage holds true once again:

The only thing consistent in life is change.
    Skids

Insanity: Asking about inseams over and over again and expecting different results.
    Albert Einstein, (attributed)

Journal Entries
    Images

Ditto...

See you on the trail,
    mt squid

may your tracks be long quicktoez's Avatar
    Images

Default thanks for all you have done

Good luck in your future endeavors and thanks for all you did for all the thru hikes especially the class of 07. You were very kind to me personally and I’ll never forget it.
    Love ya Quicktoez

Images

Since this isn't April first, and assuming you didn't forget to log out and let Jack use your computer, this must be true! If so, and if you would consider moving to near Atkins, then Warren Doyle has a deal for you. Your place will certainly be missed! Best of luck. If you get a new place I'm sure we could all come up with a work detail to help you fix up it up. I'm available.
    Last edited by Lugnut; 06-02-2007 at 18:35.
    I love the smell of esbit in the morning!

Default Kisses and Hugs

Blessings on whatever you do, Miss Thang. New place? New reason to hike again.

Yahtzee

Images

Miss Janet, you know I wish you nothing but the best. I hope you continue the business and find the perfect location, if that's your choice. I second the suggestion of Warren's place, looks ideal. You know the AT community will support you in whatever you go for, so go for it girl!!!
    "It was on the first of May, in the year 1769, that I resigned my domestic happiness for a time, and left my family and peaceable habitation on the Yadkin River, in North Carolina, to wander through the wilderness of America." - Daniel Boone

Images

Sounds exciting. Good luck!

Images

Miss Janet,

The AT community wishes you the BEST in your new endeavors.

Egads
    The trail was here before we arrived, and it will still be here when we are gone...enjoy it now, and preserve it for others that come after us

Images

AAARRGG, there is NO ONE TO MY LEFT!! Who do I tell?!?!?!

I hate this game!

You will be missed. If I had the $cratch, , , , ,

Thanks for the 7 years tho (yea, I hate the bannana too, but sometimes it fits)
    Curse you Perry the Platypus!

So what happens to the life time warranty on my snap on tools?

Geezer

Wow. I'm glad I had the opportunity to stay at your place.

The very very best of luck to you!
    Frosty

Images

Janet...
    You have no idea how hard it has been to keep my mouth shut. I'm glad you finally opened yours. Halleluja and enjoy the freedom.
    I have had so much fun at your place since the day you opened (or maybe a few days after you opened when me and Tricks and a guy named Jack stopped by), hiking in , hanging out, running shuttles, helping with breakfast, giving new arrived hikers the run down and the "rules", helping with Thanksgiving, scrubbing the tub, and even being lazy on the couch and doing nothing all day.
    Keep us posted, have fun watching the ruckus your announcement starts, and if you ask, I'm sure you will have more than a bit of help with your next adventure.
    RYE
    What? Me worry??

Images

Congrats to the new graduate. Be well.

kicking around ideas for the next adventure 1Pint's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Lugnut View Post
    If you get a new place I'm sure we could all come up with a work detail to help you fix up it up. I'm available.
    Great idea Lugnut. Ditto for me. I'd be happy to donate some time painting, cleaning, whatever.

Best wishes!
    Laura/1Pint
    "It's not just a daydream if you decide to make it your life." Train

Quote Originally Posted by superman View Post
    So what happens to the life time warranty on my snap on tools?
    Try to stay focused Did you hear Miss Janets having a baby and moving to Hollywood?
    If a man speaks in the forest, but there is no women to hear him, IS HE STILL WRONG

Default Warren's House

Hey Miss Janet, why don't you buy Warren's house, sounds perfect for you.
    CT

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Chache View Post
    Try to stay focused Did you hear Miss Janet's having a baby and moving to Hollywood?
    Ya. I have it on very good authority that Paul Newman said he'd reconsider "A Walk In The Woods" if Miss Janet agreed to be in the movie. Way to go Miss Janet! You saved the film for Newman fans! (P.S., Robert Redford is very disappointed. He just bought a house in Erwin so he could be near Miss Janet).

Rainman

Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons,
    It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth.

- Walt Whitman: Leaves of Grass; Song of the Open Road.

Try to stay focused Did you hear Miss Janets having a baby and moving to Hollywood?

I apologize.

Registered User Frolicking Dinosaurs's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by superman View Post

I apologize.
    Don't make me go to photoshop.

Miss Janet, wishing you the best in this move. Let us know if there is anything th dinos can do to help.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++