WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default car parking in Salisbury, CT

any local businesses like motels or garages that will safely park a car for a reasonable fee while doing a week long hike north from Salisbury? rather than parking off the road on a trail head. thanks, Mark S

Images

I have left my car several times at the Rt. 41 parking area just south of Plateau and have never had a problem. Longest was 4 nights. It's not an isolated area at all, there's a lot of in & out day traffic, and it should be pretty safe there. Other than that, I don't know of other venues but unless you really have a specific reason to worry, I think this might be a good option for you.

Jane in CT

Images

My wife and I left our car in the trailhead parking lot for a week in the summer of '05 with no problem. There're houses on each side of the lot that are so close that I'd bet it would discourage vandalism.

Smile Rt 41 Parking

As a CT Ridgerunner, I have heard enough stories as to suggest not leaving your car at the "Lions Head" trailhead for that long. I would suggest asking Maria McCabe who takes in hikers at her house just down the road, if you can leave the car at her place. (Maybe offer a modest fee)

++ New Posts ++