WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Images

Default Gatlinburg Showers?

We'll be coming off the trail at Davenport Gap mid morning October 9th and will be carried back to Gatlinburg to pick up our vehicle. We're going to spend the day in the area and probably spend the night in Townsend. We'd like to clean up that morning after we get back to Gatlinburg. Any showers in the Gatlinburg area for hikers?
    Uncle Wayne

Check with The Happy Hiker Outfitters. They would know.

Section Hiker 500 miles smokymtnsteve's Avatar
    Images

Uncle wayne ..mtn mamas is there near davenport...you could get a shower there before heading into g'burg..and do laundry too..
    "I'd rather kill a man than a snake. Not because I love snakes or hate men. It is a question, rather, of proportion." Edward Abbey

going into Cosby TN there is a laundry mat that offers showers.Its on the left just as you get into town.

Default disreputable ....

if you want to get in a nap too you can stay at the charmingly disreputable grand prix motel. i stayed there on my thru hike last year. the cops had to come chase some drunk around in the middle of the night (later found out it was another hiker) and they have this swimming pool full of green sludge. But the retro-70s puke green furniture has great appeal; and the bed was comfy, the shower wonderful, and i got to watch some mindless tv. i think i ended up having to share a bed with badger that night; i think light bright and trail yeti were in the other bed

badger and i had the following conversation:

M: "hey badger?"

B: "yeah maraiachi?"

M: "What's your real name? I don't know if I can spend the night in the same bed with someone I only know as 'badger.'"

B: "It's Eric."

M: "Thanks. good night"

B: "Good Night."

Hmmm.... this really has nothing to do anymore with where is a good place to take a shower in Gatlinburg, but it was a fun diversion for me.

Section Hiker 500 miles smokymtnsteve's Avatar
    Images

Default Grand Prix motel

was sold a couple of weeks ago....I would call a check rates before counting on getting a room at hikers rate...
    "I'd rather kill a man than a snake. Not because I love snakes or hate men. It is a question, rather, of proportion." Edward Abbey

++ New Posts ++