WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by The Phoenix View Post
    Let me do two very very very fair work for stays... which included AYCE tacos and fried fish...

no doubt..

Quote Originally Posted by kanga View Post
    no Doubt..
    :d:d . . . . .

Images

Lake Shore House- It's on the lake,they let you take the kayaks out,above the restaurant/bar and laundrymat,closer to stores.Work for stay,good people. Shaws is a pretty short walk for breakfast.

Images

Lake Shore House didn't serve breakfast this year. They have good lunch and evening meals. I stayed at Shaws too as I maintain a section near there. They are both good places. I agree with the posters that said the folks at both places are nice people.

The two young ladies that worked at Lakeshore were indeed very pleasant. One of them was Sarah I forget the other's name. Both very nice.

About midsummer Lakeshore house started to have live music on Sunday afternoon. They also very occaisionally had live music on Saturday night.

Off topic there is also live music at Tim's general store on Friday nights too.

Quote Originally Posted by rickb View Post
    We stayed at the Lake Shore house last winter (Shaws was closed).

Its a B&B rather than a hostel. Clean. Struck me as a good value.

The bar/restaraunt out back had really good food. Hosts were friendly. Its worth dropping into the laundry downstairs just to check out the old photos on the walls.
    Last fall Shaw's wasn't taking credit cards so I stayed at the Lake Shore House. Food (and a cold brew!) was available most of the day and into the night (breakfast could be had at Shaw's - cash only - and worth it). More locals and passers-by (motorcyclists for one - a group I can relate to) stop by the Lake Shore house since it is right on the main street through town. I borrowed a kayak (free) at the LSH (tired of typing it out) and paddled out on the pond at sunset. They have a water fire (floating fire ring) at night though not the night I stayed there.
    They were short on room the night I came back after the Hundred Mile with my son, so, since I'd stayed there the week before, Rebecca had her son sleep with her and my son and I stayed in her son's room. How nice is that?! (I'm not sure how her son liked it).
    I'd stay there again and have breakfast at Shaw's again.
    I'd feel strange visiting one place while staying at the other (a three minute walk) - actually I did feel uneasy visiting hikers at Shaw's when I changed my mind because of their no credit card policy forcing me to stay at the LSH, but redeemed myself by buying breakfast .
    As I live, declares the Lord God, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn back from his way and live. Ezekiel 33:11

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++