since I am exploring all hammocking possibilities I have recently been looking at the Speer PeaPod...I like it but since I have 30 years of gear collected I was thinking of using existing material and a small purchase...here's the plan I want you all to comment on.
I bought a Crazy Creek Crib-24$ and I have a Western Mountaineering Ponderosa (2lb.14oz. rated to 15degrees)...now since this is a big bag that has two zippers I can unzip partially the foot zipper (this allows you to completely open it up into a big flat comforter if you want too), through this opening I will send the hammock support rope.
The upper end of the Ponderosa has no hood to get in the way but does have a draw cord to cinch down the bag around the Crazy Creek Crib...that leaves my head exposed but a balaclava should do the trick there.
I looked up the girth of the Ponderosa at the WM site and it should be big enough to emulate the PeaPod...
This would be a cold-cold-cold weather setup with maybe even a closed cell pad or thermarest adding even more insulation.
Your thoughts please.
Sincerely,
MedicineMan