WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ho, Hum...

http://www.facebook.com/themissjanet Miss Janet's Avatar
    Images

Default Ho, Hum...

Closing Miss Janet's House and my home.. well, it sux!
    It is all starting to feel tooo real. I have boxes and crates up to my eyeballs and every drawer and closet is full of the wonderful memories you all have given me over the last several years! The plans are still moving to recreate Miss Janet's House in a new and improved version but... first things first. Pack up the good stuff and get rid of a lot of junk! I want to have the house on the market in a month or so. UGGGG!!

I am cutting costs every where I can so I have no net at home right now. I should have the phone for a while but my service has changed a little. I love hearing from my "kids" so please don't stop trying to reach me!

I hope to have an update about the new plans online in a few weeks. Wish me luck and have a happy, hiking summer!

Does anyone know the number for that show on cable where they come in and do a yard sale for you???

I don't envy you one bit Miss Janet! I can only imagine how difficult it is sorting through all those memories.

Rock and I send you our best. (He'll be back home again next month.)

Images

Miss J, sorry to hear about the closing. Trust me, you'll be missed and I'm sure there's lots of folks that are looking forward to hearing from you, whatever works out. Keep your chin up and stay in touch.

Images

We just moved and I feel your pain. Looking forward to hearing more about your venture. You know I wish you all the best.
    "It was on the first of May, in the year 1769, that I resigned my domestic happiness for a time, and left my family and peaceable habitation on the Yadkin River, in North Carolina, to wander through the wilderness of America." - Daniel Boone

Registered User Frolicking Dinosaurs's Avatar
    Images

::: dino kisses Miss Janet on the toes :::

El Sordo
    Images

not an end, Janet. it's a new beginning. I look forward to hearing more of your plans.
    Last edited by generoll; 07-17-2007 at 13:53.

Default Uh, Miss Janet...

Where are you moving to again?

Images

Default Just a new chapter

Hey Sweet Lady!
    Im sure everything will fall in place for you ,just starting a new chapter in the "life and times" of Miss Janet. SUPER ANGEL!
    I'll be down in TN working in AUG for a friend so if you need any help let me know .
    Moving is most stressful ....so hang in there! Call a friend......
    You got my number

FF
    FISHINFRED

MY STUFF

MY STUFF ON EBAY

Donating Member/AT Class of 2003 - The WET year
    Images

One door closes and another opens ...

Wishing you a smooth move and hoping that you get settled soon.

I know you'll keep us all posted on your progress here at WB !!

All the best ...

'Slogger
    The more I learn ...the more I realize I don't know.

Getting out as much as I can..which is never enough. :) Mags's Avatar

Default Good luck!

Good luck Miss Janet! In your time in Erwin, you've definitely helped to make some many good memories for all us hiker trash.
    Last edited by Mags; 07-17-2007 at 10:30.
    Paul "Mags" Magnanti
    http://pmags.com
    Twitter: @pmagsco
    Facebook: pmagsblog

The true harvest of my life is intangible...a little stardust caught,a portion of the rainbow I have clutched -Thoreau

What they said!
    New Chapters are messy, but also liberating.
    Hugs from one with several chapters under the book covers.

the hiker formaly known as Wonderfoot
    Images

Moving, and having to sort through years of treasures is so tough......best of luck with everything! Let me know when "moving day" is and I"ll try and get down there to help

The long brown path before me leading wherever I choose............................................ ...
    Strong and content I travel the open road
    ~Walt Whitman Song of the open road

the hiker formaly known as Wonderfoot
    Images

Dosen't look like the yard sale show is on anymore, but...here is the link for Flip that House. I've never seen it, but may have some good info. (what do I know about houses) I just got my first address in 2 years.........
    http://tlc.discovery.com/guides/prop...hat-house.html

The long brown path before me leading wherever I choose............................................ ...
    Strong and content I travel the open road
    ~Walt Whitman Song of the open road

What? Miss Janet is moving? I didn't know anything about this, are you moving away from Erwin or just across town to other digs?

In either case, good luck with the Move Miss Janet, if I were anywhere near, I'd come help you in a heartbeat, but sadly I am many hundreds of miles away.

Registered User SawnieRobertson's Avatar
    Journal Entries

Yeah, it's a drag, but, as Jan points out, it can also be liberating as in "YAHOO! No more of that stuff." As cute as they were and as carefully we preserve their pictures, we still never wish they were still in the diaper stage. Life and kids get more interesting as they years and new experiences come along.

Do drop UP here to see me soon. :-)

Kinnickinic
    You never know just what you can do until you realize you absolutely have to do it.
    --Salaun

My wife watches that show. I think it's called "Clean Sweep" on the HGTV channel.

This is a bit of a shock. Miss Janet, you were a highlight of my hike. Thanks, and I look forward to our paths crossing again. Good fortune to you!

Images

I say set up a few auctions on ebay and give us all a chance to "own a piece of history". You know that whole "one man's trash is another man's treasure" thing. I can only imagine the collection you've amassed.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Miss Janet,

I started SOBO last June hearing so much about you from those who have been honored by the experience.
    As I left Katahdin this year one of my highlights, I surely knew, would be to meet you. I know there is a steady stream of South Bounders that would love to meet you along the way and maybe even give back by the day or two as they pass through some of what you have given the trail for so long.
    It will probably be late September or early Oct. but many of us are hoping for at least a chance to meet you. Hope the hikers near you when you could use the help will show up and there are more of us on the way if you need any help settling in. Let us know.
    Peace,
    Warraghiyagey
    SOBO7

I feel your pain Miss Janet. We're moving too (within Chattanooga), and it is a pain in the posterior.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++