WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Smile The Gathering-'07

How may on this list are planning to go to ALDHA's Gathering this fall? (Oct. 5-7th at Gettysburg College, PA) Lots of workshops and fun stuff to do. BTW, it only a short drive from the trail.

Mother Natures Son

I've only been to the Hanover Gatherings, and am really looking forward to this year's Gathering!
    Teej

"[ATers] represent three percent of our use and about twenty percent of our effort," retired Baxter Park Director Jensen Bissell.

Quote Originally Posted by Mother Natures Son View Post
    How may on this list are planning to go to ALDHA's Gathering this fall? (Oct. 5-7th at Gettysburg College, PA) Lots of workshops and fun stuff to do. BTW, it only a short drive from the trail.

Mother Natures Son
    I'm planning to go at least Friday night, Saturday night, and Sunday. On Saturday, I'll be out most of the day with a PATC Trail work crew.

:banana The Gathering-'07

Some of you folks may know this already, "Walkin' Jim" Stoltz, will be appearing at the Gathering this fall. His multimedia slide presentation, along with his legendary folk style has won him many awards. He sings primarily about nature and hiking and at last count he had over 25,000 miles underneath his boots. If you haven't had a chance to take in one of his shows lately, you owe it to yourself as a hiker to see his show. It is incredible! If the songs alone don't make you want to hit the trail, then perhaps his National Geographic style slides will.

Mother Natures Son

Registered User Frolicking Dinosaurs's Avatar
    Images

Dinos are going to try to be there.

Registered User SawnieRobertson's Avatar
    Journal Entries

Even if I have to walk the whole dadgum way! Say, that would be fun--Kinnickinic
    You never know just what you can do until you realize you absolutely have to do it.
    --Salaun

Nuh uh! I love Walkin' Jim! I've been teetering on going to this, I might have to go now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mother Natures Son View Post
    Some of you folks may know this already, "Walkin' Jim" Stoltz, will be appearing at the Gathering this fall. His multimedia slide presentation, along with his legendary folk style has won him many awards. He sings primarily about nature and hiking and at last count he had over 25,000 miles underneath his boots. If you haven't had a chance to take in one of his shows lately, you owe it to yourself as a hiker to see his show. It is incredible! If the songs alone don't make you want to hit the trail, then perhaps his National Geographic style slides will.

Mother Natures Son

Images

ms doolittle, you better go, Low Branch and I will be there! Can't wait, to put faces with names.

I hike, therefore I stink.
    Images

How does the gathering work? Do people camp or stay in hotels. Edjumicate me.
    If you don't have something nice to say,
    Be witty in your cruelty.

Quote Originally Posted by Newb View Post
    How does the gathering work? Do people camp or stay in hotels. Edjumicate me.
    Hey NewB - this is my first one also. Have you checked out the ALDA site and their gathering brochure? There's camping available or you can luxuriate in hotels. Perhaps some will camp in Caledonia or Pine Grove Furnace (but no half gallons of ice cream in October! )

If I go it'd be my first gathering too. Thanks again Jan LiteShoe, for pointing it out to me! But my big issue is how to get there? How does one get there if they are not driving? No busses, trains, or airplanes seem to go there. Anybody have any ideas?

Images

It is on our list of things to do. I just have to work it out with work.
    SGT Rock
    http://hikinghq.net

My 2008 Trail Journal of the BMT/AT

BMT Thru-Hikers' Guide
    -----------------------------------------

NO SNIVELING

Default Walkin' Jim Stoltz

This just in..... Walkin' Jim Stoltz is considering making a "live album" at the Gathering this fall! ("Live At ALDHA" might be the name of the new recording.) This news came from a recent e-mail with Jim himself! He is not 100% sure of this right now but if his fans write to him and ask, maybe we all could be a part of something special! This should be good news to all those on this list who count themselves as his fans as it's been a long time since he made a live album. A side note, Gettysburg is only a short drive from rail & air service. (Harrisburg) I'm not sure if Gettysburg still has bus service or not. Check you Data book for this and shuttle service from the trail or Harrisburg.

Mother Natures Son

Quote Originally Posted by jmcgarrahan View Post
    ms doolittle, you better go, Low Branch and I will be there! Can't wait, to put faces with names.
    Gosh darn it, Jen! You're making it hard for me not to go.......

Now........ for the other decision at hand....

the hiker formaly known as Wonderfoot
    Images

Just to let everyone know....if you want to take some extra time, the PA Rennisance Faire is not very far from Gettysburg. HOur, maybe. I'm headed there when things slow down on sunday if anyone wants to join in!

The long brown path before me leading wherever I choose............................................ ...
    Strong and content I travel the open road
    ~Walt Whitman Song of the open road

Skipped Trail Days in favor of the Gathering. Looking forward to it!

I haven't talked to the boy about it yet, beyond mentioning that there's such a thing as "The Gathering," but I'm hoping to make it, especially since I missed Trail Days.

Are reservations or anything required for camping there? ALDHA's page was a little scant on details, or else I just missed where I needed to be looking.

Images

I've added this to my calander. Will be my first Gathering! Looking forward to it.
    Walkin' Jim is GREAT! Have seen his shows a couple of times - excellent! A live album would sure be fun.

Default Hammock hanging

Does anyone know if there are tree's available in the camping field for hammocks?

Quote Originally Posted by wallace View Post
    Does anyone know if there are tree's available in the camping field for hammocks?
    Hmmm. I was there in the Spring and I'm trying to recall. There are no trees in the field itself. But I do seem to recall that the creek that bordered the field on the north side was itself bordered by some trees. Mainly, though, it's a big empty field with a barn in it (The interior of the barn itself will not be used, though.
    Drab as a Fool, as aloof as a Bard!

http://www.wizardsofthepct.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++