WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Poll: Hike Naked on the AT?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    2005 Camino de santiago

Default Hike Naked on the AT?

There are other more frivolous polls posted but at least this one has some historical precedent. I recall reading somewhere that on (Earth?) day, tradition required the hike to be optionally naked. Even Colin Fletcher, the hiking guru, has admitted to have done it. Heck, even I might try it sometime, but if I do, I can assure you it want be a pretty sight!

Addicted Hiker and Donating Member Hammock Hanger's Avatar
    Images

I saw a few very handsome young men out there on 6/21/01. I have no guts. HH
    Hammock Hanger -- Life is my journey and I'm surely not rushing to the "summit"...:D

http://www.gcast.com/u/hammockhanger/main

Section Hiker 180 AT miles

yes i believe its summer solstice correct? or is it somthing else? i remember hearing about it on the trail while i was hiking in late july this year. a few of my friends and i have decided that we should do that one year. and most certainly when we thruhike, ofcourse as long as were not in town or around anyone cause i dont feel like being taken in for public exposure while on my thru hike.
    "Do what you Love, Love what you do"

Images

It's supposed to be around the 20th of June, based on the Summer solstace, but it isn't official.

I haven't hiked naked, but I have stripped naked to cool off on a break. My most memorable one was sitting beside the Pinhoti in Alabama in February. I had got pretty acclimated to the cold weather during an ice storm and nights in the single digits. One day it made it to 70 and I felt like I was dying, so I stripped naked and sat on a rock bluff enjoying the breeze and the cool rocks under my butt. The simple pleasures of life.
    SGT Rock
    http://hikinghq.net

My 2008 Trail Journal of the BMT/AT

BMT Thru-Hikers' Guide
    -----------------------------------------

NO SNIVELING

Former Admin

Well, has anyone got any good pictures of this practice, if you do, you know we have the photo gallery, where we share AT Photos so if you'd like to upload these photos Please Do Not! LOL

Images

Maybe a private photo section so only "Adults" get to see it LOL
    SGT Rock

BMT Thru-Hikers' Guide

NO SNIVELING

Its purely educational i swear!

2005 Camino de santiago

Default Adult Forum?

HMMMmmmmmmmm.....Now thats an idea!
    An "adult" backpacking forum...
    Do you suppose Admin is coaxing us towards one?????
    Then he could begin charging an admission price for access to the "adult" version and, assured of an income, dedicate more time to hiking... You don't suppose this has been his long-range plan all along, do you? And perhaps he just enlisted Rock to first broach the subject and become his partner in crime!

Now lets just see where this takes us........

Images

I'm a dupe!

Remember the thread with personal ads for single hikers?

The site is really supposed to turn into a forum for swinging hikers?
    SGT Rock

BMT Thru-Hikers' Guide

NO SNIVELING

The last two years I was on the trail for the summer solstace. While there was lots of comments in the shelter registers about nude hiking day, I didn't see a single person hiking in the buff both times. But, everyone seemed to have an excuse for not hiking nude when the actual day came.

Myself, I was crossing the extremely buggy section in southern Massachusetts one year. The next year I was in the very public Shenandoah National Park.

GA-ME 02 Kilted Hiker Trail Yeti's Avatar
    Images

Ok, I'll admit it, I hiked naked. Did it twice, the first time was in Tennessee...at night and there were 4 of us...it was a naked night hiking thruhiker train!!!
    The 2nd time was on "national hike naked day" the solstice. I did have a bandanna handy to "cover up" in case i ran into any kids or old ladies. Funny thing, I put my clothes on and immediately ran into a kid and his dad...before that I saw nobody, not even while crossing some roads.
    If you haven't done it, I highly recommend it, its even better than hiking in a kilt!
    life is good, sometimes I wear nothing!
    Trail Yeti
    ps- I do think its a good idea to have a bandanna handy in case you run into someone. Not that I would be embarrassed, but somepeople might feel uncomfortable. With that said, I did wear a kilt when I hiked and probably "flashed my package" to 60% of the people I hiked around, unintentionally (sp?) of course, that's the price of wearing a kilt.

hike naked day - june 10th.

personally, i was too chicken to do it in 2000, but i may in 2003.

btw, saw lots of bouncing boobs and butts that day.

June 10 sounds very early for the summer solstice. It's usually around June 21. So, Chief, I guess that you have 2 chances to bare all in 2003.

maybe it was the 21st. my mind and memory don't work so good these days. must be all that stuff i did in the 70's.

what was the subject?

i guess its kinda like the vernal equinox (spring) its now the twentieth instead of the twentifirst because the earth is slowly changing its allignment.im pretty sure summer is the twentifirst though.

Journal Entries
    Images

Default hike Nekked!

Quote Originally Posted by EarlyRiser
    i guess its kinda like the vernal equinox (spring) its now the twentieth instead of the twentifirst because the earth is slowly changing its allignment.im pretty sure summer is the twentifirst though.

For those planning to hike "NEKKED"...next year....Earth Day (also known as the Vernal or Spring Equinox) is March 20th 2004 @ 1:49 a.m. EDT

The Summer Solstice (first day of summer) is June 20th 2004 @ 8:57p.m. EDT

I've always heard the "hike nude" day was Earth Day!

jaybird
    www.trailjournals.com/Jaybird
    see ya'll UP the trail!

"Jaybird"

GA-ME...
    "on-the-20-year-plan"

www.trailjournals.com/Jaybird2013

Quote Originally Posted by Hammock Hanger
    I have no guts. HH
    I'm all for it but that's my problem HH, too much guts.
    I need to get back to loosing a few pounds before I show the world my wares.

Default The Summer Solstice

When we hiked in '00 in was the solstice. And several of us hike naked. My wife did chicken out. I was fine until we turned a corner and a family was walking up. Luckly, my wife walke ahead and had a warning.
    Profile '00
    www.hikerhostel.com

Just a note on this, if you do get caught doing this and are charged with indecent exposure, you will be required to register as a sex offender, being a registered sex offender can have many damaging effects on your life and your family if you have one. Your neighbors will know your a sex offender, any chance of getting a job other than day labor is almost certain unless you own your own business or work for friends. You'll have a hard time finding a place to live if you rent. The list goes on and on. So think about all this before baring your ass to the wind.

•Completed A.T. Section Hike GA to ME 1996 thru 2003 •Donating Member Skyline's Avatar
    Images

In 2003, on Nude Hiking Day, June 21, I was weekend-warrioring in nearby SNP. It was raining, in the low 40s, windy, and generally miserable. Didn't see anything nekkid all day, much less my own self. Kept thinking about George Costanza, "shrinkage," and THAT Seinfeld episode...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
++ New Posts ++