WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Images

I bumped this thread up for "wormy" he's on a new stove making adventure and wanted to know what material was used for the wick. I share all the info in this thread.

Something new coming in the near future for the Fancee Feest....a "Simmer Ring" for those that do real cooking :-)

I will have a full update on the simmer ring very shortly as I have one on the way!!! Thanks Dan,,, nathan

Images

Quote Originally Posted by lzeplin View Post
    I will have a full update on the simmer ring very shortly as I have one on the way!!! Thanks Dan,,, nathan
    We look forward to your test results

Made a mistake, "wormy" was interested in the Venom Super Stove. It was originally named "Heineken Doodah Man Special"

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/show...om+super+stove

Well I received my Simmer ring today from Zelph for the fancy feest. I boiled 16oz of water in 6 minutes then removed the pot and placed on the simmer ring.. It ran 18 minutes on 1 oz. WOW!! Then I proceeded to make a pouch of Lipton's chicken noodle soup for lunch, which requires to simmer it for several minutes, and it works like a charm.. It made a good stove a great Stove!! I can't wait to do some more cooking with it..Thanks so much Dan..
    DSC03094.jpgDSC03079.jpgDSC03083.jpgDSC03081.jpgDSC03082.jpg

Very interesting...I see the "carry case" in the first picture. Would it contain the fumes if the stove were snuffed out to save the remaining fuel for future use? And would it serve as the "snuffer? That is my only dislike of the FF...difficult to know exactly how much fuel to add.

And of course...what is the total weight?

Best I remember the simmer ring weighs 9.5 grams I'll have to check on the container but its very light. It works great to snuff the stove out, I went camping this week and snuffed it out every time. I came back from my one night trip with1 1/2 More fuel than I normally use thanks to the simmer ring. I'm not sure if it will store fuel or not, it was nearly empty when I snuffed it out. I didn't notice any smell from left over fuel.. I'll try to test it out for you.

Best I remember the simmer ring weighs 9.5 grams I'll have to check on the container but its very light. It works great to snuff the stove out, I went camping this week and snuffed it out every time. I came back from my one night trip with1 1/2 More fuel than I normally use thanks to the simmer ring. I'm not sure if it will store fuel or not, it was nearly empty when I snuffed it out. I didn't notice any smell from left over fuel.. I'll try to test it out for you.
    I would expect it to maintain any fuel that is in the wick fine. Seems like I recall the wick will soak up at least 1/2 oz. I wonder if a remote fuel option is in the works? My FF is a DIY from the days when Dan was using the screen, so I wonder if the simmer ring would even work. I expect there will soon be a combo offer on his site. Nothing like an excuse to buy a new piece of gear!

Did it re-light without adding any more fuel after you stored it?

And it looks like the stove will also fit in the container? (I wish I could get my thoughts together so I didn't make so many separate replies...)

Yes it all fits in the container I didn't try to re-lite just added more fuel . I'll put about 1/2 ounce in the stove place it in the container and test it tomorrow to see if it will re-lite. I'll let you know tomorrow.

Yes it all fits in the container I didn't try to re-lite just added more fuel . I'll put about 1/2 ounce in the stove place it in the container and test it tomorrow to see if it will re-lite. I'll let you know tomorrow.
    Thanks for the research! I predict a new stove in my future. BTW...where are you in NC? I am in SW Va, near NC line.

Well I received my Simmer ring today from Zelph for the fancy feest. I boiled 16oz of water in 6 minutes then removed the pot and placed on the simmer ring.. It ran 18 minutes on 1 oz. WOW!!
    Did it run for 18 minutes altogether, or did it run for 18 minutes after that first 6 minutes of boil time on the same 1 ounce of fuel?

IT ran 18 minutes altogether, and it did re-lite after seating over 24 hours in the container with less than a 1/2 ounce of fuel stored in it. I snuffed it back out gonna see if it will re-lite tomorrow.

Cool indeed...or should I say hot. Thanks!
    The ultimate test...total burn time with 1/2 oz. Then put in another 1/2 oz. and leave 24 hours in the case, upside down, and another total burn time test. That would simulate real life on the trail. And then we'll tell Dan to give you a big store credit for all this research!

Gawl, 18 minutes for one burn. Might just finally have to swap the MBD Elite for something else.

Images

Quick post.....

Weights:

FF stove .9oz

Aluminum can with lid .6oz

Simmer sleeve .2oz

"I bumped this thread up for "wormy" he's on a new stove making adventure and wanted to know what material was used for the wick. I share all the info in this thread."

Thanks for the bump! I haven't made anything worth sharing yet (a few soda can stoves and a lot of shredded aluminum I really like the summer ring option on this and it weighs almost nothing. Let me know when the kit is available. I'll have to pick one up.

Whoops, just looked at your website. I guess it is already available. I'll be ordering one tomorrow!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Wormy View Post
    Whoops, just looked at your website. I guess it is already available. I'll be ordering one tomorrow!
    Yes, it's available as the simmer ring only.

I need to get a video made of show how well it works. Yesterday I purchased a bag of Bear Creek "Tortilla" soup mix just so I can put the stove and simmer ring to a good test. The soup mix requires 8 cups of water be brought to a boil, whisk in soup mix and then heat to medium and simmer uncovered for 15 min. stirring occasionally. Makes 8 one cup servings. Salt and pepper to taste.

http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/simmer-...ncee-feest.php

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++