WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by hikingPA View Post
    yup it works! burn was much more controlled. i took some pictures but i don't know how to do that thumbnail thing and don't wanna clog up all these pages. anyone care to share a quick tutorial?
    I'd really like to see the photos.

If you post them in the WB gallery there is a link that can be pasted directly into the reply box and will be a thumbnail.
    Skids

Insanity: Asking about inseams over and over again and expecting different results.
    Albert Einstein, (attributed)

Images

my camera is away for the night skids, but i'll definitely post em tomorrow. thanks for the info about the gallery, and your insight on the stoves
    " It's what people know about themselves inside that makes 'em afraid." ~Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter

Images

my camera is away for the night skids, but i'll definitely post em tomorrow. thanks for the info about the gallery, and your insight on the stoves
    De nada.
    Skids

Insanity: Asking about inseams over and over again and expecting different results.
    Albert Einstein, (attributed)

Images

yup it works! burn was much more controlled. i took some pictures but i don't know how to do that thumbnail thing and don't wanna clog up all these pages. anyone care to share a quick tutorial?

woohoo!!!!!! i didn't do any time tests, heck i didn't even get out the windscreen b/c it's too damn cold, but my DA was pretty cold from sitting in the garage and it lit right away (most likely b/c of the wick). i used zelph's idea about getting the plumbers flashing thing. 2 inches did work well, with a little left over in the inside. i also like the higher fuel capacity in case i'm cooking for 2

thanks so much guys. onto my next stove now. hmmm which one?
    I'm in need of some eye candy hikingPA, please hurry, please hurry!!!

We knew you could doit. We are here to serve. Thank You for following through with your efforts and sharing your results. You Ventured, You Gained

Images

Default here ya go!

" It's what people know about themselves inside that makes 'em afraid." ~Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter

Images

NOOOO thumbnail didn't work SADFACE

Images

Images

Ohhhhh Yes!!!! it's a beauty. Excellent results. You are a true "Stovie". You Ventured and You Gained. Thanks for the eye candy

Lower the fiberglass and the flame will stay under the pot. How do you like the feel of the stainless steel on the bottom of the pot? grips it nicely does well under a Heiny also.

Thanks a bunch for getting the photo and thanks to Skids for helping.

Images

fiberglass as of now is 1/4 of an inch above the outside can. i should lower it to around 1/8th?

Images

and yeah, it does seem more secure than the supercat. i had to build a little docking station for that baby. this one i seem fine with.

i think my next project is going to be a caldera cone windscreen rip off. then i'll begin another stove

thanks to you and skids for the words of advice and encouragement

Images

and yeah, it does seem more secure than the supercat. i had to build a little docking station for that baby. this one i seem fine with.

i think my next project is going to be a caldera cone windscreen rip off. then i'll begin another stove

thanks to you and skids for the words of advice and encouragement
    Yes, reduce the wick down to 1/8 inch. Better fuel efficiency.

Use the FF as the stove for the caldera cone. Put a solid disc on top of the stove to make it work. !/4 inch larger than the dia. of the pot support.

have fun Stovie !!!

----------------------------------

reduce the amount of pixels in your next photos and load some photos to keep in practice. Once you get the hang of it you'll be doing photos for every project.

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Skidsteer View Post
    I'd really like to see the photos.

If you post them in the WB gallery there is a link that can be pasted directly into the reply box and will be a thumbnail.

While we are on that subject I would like to delete some of my gear and a duplicate picture - where is the delete button?
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

I just want to thank Zelph and everyone ther contributions. After reading this board and the other boards and blogs all over the place only to become frustrated, I finally had sucess with getting 2 cups of water to a boil. I can't begin to tell recount how many hours I've spent looking at vids on utube and not seeing any consistancy which only increased my inability to find a clear path.

I'm a stove noobie and kind of a boob when it comes to these stoves, (I do think too much of the fumes are leaking into my brain), but, I've fallen in love with this new hobby. Something just wasn't registering with the whole design thing for me at least not till tonight. I was getting the fiberglass cloth and pot stand configurations all wrong. I couldn't tell what was what. My fault for bouncing all around being so creedy wanting to make ff super, ff zelph style, starlyte, all in a day.

Anyway, I'm gushing, I just can't believe the water boiled in 4 minutes with ff zelph design.

Have to rivive the old guyI'm so excited

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Stoviegal View Post
    I just want to thank Zelph and everyone ther contributions. After reading this board and the other boards and blogs all over the place only to become frustrated, I finally had sucess with getting 2 cups of water to a boil. I can't begin to tell recount how many hours I've spent looking at vids on utube and not seeing any consistancy which only increased my inability to find a clear path.

I'm a stove noobie and kind of a boob when it comes to these stoves, (I do think too much of the fumes are leaking into my brain), but, I've fallen in love with this new hobby. Something just wasn't registering with the whole design thing for me at least not till tonight. I was getting the fiberglass cloth and pot stand configurations all wrong. I couldn't tell what was what. My fault for bouncing all around being so creedy wanting to make ff super, ff zelph style, starlyte, all in a day.

Anyway, I'm gushing, I just can't believe the water boiled in 4 minutes with ff zelph design.

Have to rivive the old guyI'm so excited
    I'm revived......I was begining to think that my stove efforts were a thing of the past. The Fancee Feest is one of the easiest to make and very efficient..

It's comforting to see that girls are into stove making.

I'm a stove noobie and kind of a boob when it comes to these stoves, but, I've fallen in love with this new hobby.
    Gee, you've gone over the edge, no turning back now "Stovie" welcome to the neighborhood!!!!!

Yep, over the edge is an under statement. Thank you for the welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by zelph View Post
    Yes, reduce the wick down to 1/8 inch. Better fuel efficiency.

Use the FF as the stove for the caldera cone. Put a solid disc on top of the stove to make it work. !/4 inch larger than the dia. of the pot support.

have fun Stovie !!!

----------------------------------

reduce the amount of pixels in your next photos and load some photos to keep in practice. Once you get the hang of it you'll be doing photos for every project.
    I've learned my lesson from having too much wick exposed. Nearly burned the place down.

Images

I tried using aluminum screen door replacement fabric for the potstand. Did'nt work, heat deformed it. (two thicknesses)

I tried the stainless steel lantern replacement globe like the one I used in the woodburner thread. That worked very well. find it at Kmart in sportinggoods/camping dept. $5.00. You can make two stoves out of it.

I named it "Fancy Feast" stove.
    I was hoping you'd name it that! Sweet stove, may try to make it sometime.
    2010 AT NoBo Thru "attempt" (guess 1,700 miles didn't quite get me all the way through ;) )
    Various adventures in Siberia 2016
    Adventures past and present!
    (and maybe 2018 PCT NoBo)

Images

Quote Originally Posted by ShelterLeopard View Post
    I was hoping you'd name it that! Sweet stove, may try to make it sometime.
    Members have warned me about infinging on commercial copyrights and so the name was changed to: Fancee Feest

Try making one. Use the stainless steel band found in the plumbing dept. and the fiberglass cloth in the auto dept. Check all edges of the fiberglass cloth to see if ther is one that is sewn, use that edge as the exposed edge. Use hair spray on the edges to keep them from fraying.

Have fun

Images

Cool, thanks! If you hear a giant explosion, it's me...
    2010 AT NoBo Thru "attempt" (guess 1,700 miles didn't quite get me all the way through ;) )
    Various adventures in Siberia 2016
    Adventures past and present!
    (and maybe 2018 PCT NoBo)

Images

I'll let you all in on a little secret. I like the Fancee Feest stove the best of all the stoves that I have created.

still your favorite?

I don't know how I missed this thread in the past, but like this stove a lot. Considering making one. Per your site, it seems the middle pot-support part is no longer made w/ the lantern mesh. What's it made w/, and how is it made. I have always loved my supercat the most, but hate the 1 oz fuel limit. The fancy feest has the stats to become my fav! Might have to dust off my stove building skills/tools!
    NOBO section hiker, 1066.4 miles... & counting!!

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++