WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Five Tango View Post
    Zelph,I'm thinking about wrapping some wicking around your Fancee Feast stove for cold weather use.Good idea or not?
    Thanks.I'm also a huge fan of the Starlyte stove because it is fool proof and surely the safest alcohol stove out there.
    No need for wicking on the outside. In cold winter temps keep your fuel inside a jacket pocket to keep it a little warmer so it lights easier. Use strike any where kitchen matches to light the center of the stove. That's easier than using a bic. You can also use a ferrocerium rod with striker to throw a massive amount of sparks into the center.

Shug has no problems using the Fancee Feest in sub zero temperatures up in Northern Minnesota. Take a look at his video:

Quote Originally Posted by zelph View Post
    No need for wicking on the outside. In cold winter temps keep your fuel inside a jacket pocket to keep it a little warmer so it lights easier. Use strike any where kitchen matches to light the center of the stove. That's easier than using a bic. You can also use a ferrocerium rod with striker to throw a massive amount of sparks into the center.

Shug has no problems using the Fancee Feest in sub zero temperatures up in Northern Minnesota. Take a look at his video:

Thanks,Zelph.I make a habit of sleeping with the fuel and a water filter in cold weather.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17
++ New Posts ++