WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frolicking Dinosaurs View Post
    Even the great LW can't have it both ways
    thought you had me on IGNORE? i ain't calling for yahtzee to be snipped. i don't pack up my toys and run off in a huff

Hey all! I am not going to really get into this fight, but I will say this....I am going to attend the hiker feed in Monson in two weeks, and I am bringing a huge pot of my moose chili and I am going to slow cook a buffalo roast.....I guess we'll see who the hypocrites are.

Take care,

Just Jim

Registered User Frolicking Dinosaurs's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by L. Wolf View Post
    thought you had me on IGNORE? i ain't calling for yahtzee to be snipped. i don't pack up my toys and run off in a huff
    Will put you back on ignore. Thought you might have mellowed a bit, but see I was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolicking Dinosaurs View Post
    Will put you back on ignore. Thought you might have mellowed a bit, but see I was wrong.
    what's unmellow about my post? seriously?

"You had me on ignore."
    Most people would say "You had me at hello."
    But love is like that sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Just a Hiker View Post
    Hey all! I am not going to really get into this fight, but I will say this....I am going to attend the hiker feed in Monson in two weeks, and I am bringing a huge pot of my moose chili and I am going to slow cook a buffalo roast.....I guess we'll see who the hypocrites are.

Take care,

Just Jim
    Sounds like a hiker feed to me. Moose chili is a favorite of mine. Thanks Jim, see ya there hopefully. Do I hear Black Bear BBQ?
    WALK ON

Images

Left on it's own, nature will rebalance

Thats a nice little fantasy but it is not reality! Nature can not rebalance itself! Too many predators have been taken out of the equation and theres just not enough room left for the populations to grow unchecked! Be honest with yourself and ask ,what is more humane, hunters killing a certain number of animals or many more animals dieing of starvation disease and other deaths such as being hit by cars crossing streets in search of food and more room to live?
    "Theres is no real hope of traveling perfectly light in the mountains.It is good to try,as long as you realize that,like proving a unified field theory,mastering Kanji,or routinely brewing the perfect cup of coffee,the game can never be won." Smoke Blanchard

i ain't part of the "AT community", #1 and #2 you are welcome to come visit me in damascus and speak to me in person like this. or will you be at the Gathering? your words show affection. you ARE jealous. lots of love.
    LW if I met you at the Gathering I would buy you a beer and ask you how ya doin. If kicking my ass makes you feel like more of a man that just shows what a small one you are. And you prove that everyday on this website.
    Yahtzee

Quote Originally Posted by Yahtzee View Post
    LW if I met you at the Gathering I would buy you a beer and ask you how ya doin. If kicking my ass makes you feel like more of a man that just shows what a small one you are. And you prove that everyday on this website.
    nobody mentioned "kicking my ass". i just invited you to talk to me in person the way you did in post #203. it's YOU that perceived an ass kicking. now you're calling me a small man. i thought i was a fat, old, worn out Marine or whatever it was you said. you need some anger management .

nobody mentioned "kicking my ass". i just invited you to talk to me in person the way you did in post #203. it's YOU that perceived an ass kicking. now you're calling me a small man. i thought i was a fat, old, worn out Marine or whatever it was you said. you need some anger management .
    oh. and what's your take on bear-baiting?

Yahtzee:

I'm sure you WOULD buy Wolf a beer. And you probably WOULD get along. There are a lot of folks here at WB who get along great in person but go at it cats and dogs on the Internet.

I think what Wolf was saying is that he doesn't care for people who say wild and outrageous things on the Internet, under a cloak of anonymity, that they would NEVER have the gumption to say to someone's face.

I'm not presuming to speak for Wolf, but a simple rule of thumb on the Internet is this: Don't say anything on an Internet forum that you wouldn't be willing to say to a man's face in person. To do otherwise is more than a little cowardly......it is gutless. So when Wolf says that he doubts you'd speak to him that way at the Gathering or anywhere else, this isn't a threat. It's a simple statement of fact. I really DON'T think you'd take that tone or use that language if you were speaking to him in person.

And for good reason.

C'mon man. You know your post inferred you would whoop me if I talked to you like that in person. Or you think I wouldn't talk that way. Either way, this middle-aged Army guy is smart enough not to get into a physical fight with a tired fat old Marine. If I thought calling you a spineless turd would unleash your inner idiot, I wouldn't call you that.

You have a real name, family, a lovely girl. I wouldn't go over the line on that person. I go over the line on LW, the character you have created for this website. I know there is a distinction and you do as well when you post but you fail to take note when you read. You say people shouldn't take your posts so seriously. Take your own advice and take mine with a grain.

Spineless turd is timeless. Timeless.
    Yahtzee

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Streamweaver View Post
    Nature can not rebalance itself! Too many predators have been taken out of the equation and theres just not enough room left for the populations to grow unchecked!
    The main predator has not been taken out of the equation. We've just had our claws clipped by virtue of technology making us soft and weak, our government taking the defensive capability out of our hands and the soft-hearted making us soft-headed.

So now we go into the woods like declawed cats and cry foul when another predator snatches our food bag or our miniature poodle. Bears aren't cute. They're predators.

Pass me some of that moose, eh?

Jack,

Hope my post clears things up. I have no illwill towards LW, as I have stated, I know him to be a good guy. I would even say warm. But this character he has created on this site is annoying and he plays with it. What can one expect when they put out vibes like that but to get them back?

I guess my post from last night was bit too much. If I could go back I would not have posted.
    Yahtzee

1. Yahtzee, he WOULD kick the ass of anyone who talked like that in person.
    2. To say, aw, you were just kidding, it's just Internet stuff, is indeed kinda
    spineless. You might've been kidding, but your wording was a bit strong.
    To say that Wolf fails to take note what he reads.....well, seems to me,
    you aren't taking note of what you've SAID. You don't haveta worry
    about Wolf mis-reading or misinterpreting something you've said if you
    simply never say it in the first place!
    3. And Wolf says rude annoying things here just about every day, many of
    which HE'D never say in public. Not out of fear of having to back them
    up, it's just that he doesn't really believe half the stuff he shovels here.
    Nor should anyone else.
    4. The best way to deal with a comment or poster you don't like is to ignore
    them.

Yahtzee:

Our posts crossed.

And of course I see your point.

And Wolf is indeed a crusty, yet pithy, pain in the ass here at WB.

Not that big a deal.

Hey Chief, why don't you move to Damascus and become LW's slaveboy. He is an embarassment to the AT community. "I hike therefore I am special". Gimme a break. He's a tired fat old Marine who just got his ass handed to him by the LT. He ain't a hiker no more. Just a trail legend living off a tired reputation.

Hey, why don't we all move to Damascus, grow beards, where some overalls and act all badass. Then we can all be just like LW. Pointless, spineless turds. All words. No real spine.

Shelters suck! HEY EVERYONE LOOK AT ME, IM SOOOOO COOOOOOL. Aren't I? Please someone say I'm cool. Please, I'm LW, nothing without the affection of idiotic newbies who don't know enough to realize LW is done. Just a name.

Poor Chief. I feel sorry for you.
    Man you're easy!

C'mon man. You know your post inferred you would whoop me if I talked to you like that in person. Or you think I wouldn't talk that way. Either way, this middle-aged Army guy is smart enough not to get into a physical fight with a tired fat old Marine. If I thought calling you a spineless turd would unleash your inner idiot, I wouldn't call you that.

You have a real name, family, a lovely girl. I wouldn't go over the line on that person. I go over the line on LW, the character you have created for this website. I know there is a distinction and you do as well when you post but you fail to take note when you read. You say people shouldn't take your posts so seriously. Take your own advice and take mine with a grain.

Spineless turd is timeless. Timeless.
    you must have an ass- kickin' wish. i never "inferred" anything honey. do you always pick fights with "tired fat old Marines"? cuz it's you that's wantin' a fight. give peace a chance, cupcake. mellow out. how about those anger management classes.
    yours truly,
    tired old fat Marine turd with no spine

Jack,

Hope my post clears things up. I have no illwill towards LW, as I have stated, I know him to be a good guy. I would even say warm. But this character he has created on this site is annoying and he plays with it. What can one expect when they put out vibes like that but to get them back?

I guess my post from last night was bit too much. If I could go back I would not have posted.
    become a donating member. you can edit your posts. i joined and cleaned up some of my posts to FD and wookie

How much does one have to donate before they get the right to clean up other people's?

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
++ New Posts ++