WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Dennis Cove Hostel's

I'm section hiking in October and was thinking of stopping at Dennis Cove Rd but noticed 2 hostels, Laurel Creek and Kincora. Thoughts? I also have dogs so not sure if either one are dog friendly?

Thanks

Kincora is a legendary place and you'd be crazy to miss it. Plus, Bob and Pat Peoples, the owners, are dog-friendly (they own three)!

Images

I second what Jack said...you'd be crazy to miss Kincora!! Great place and Bob and Pat are wonderful people!

Registered User Tennessee Viking's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

I am biased...Bob is a friend of mine. And I usually help hikers in providing a shuttle to Kincora. You can't go wrong with Kincora, and its dog friendly. Bob's got his treeloft up and ready.

And if you get there on a Monday night, Bob might ask if you want to join up for some trail maintaining for Tuesday morning. You get a TEHCC patch out of it & a ride into town.

Let me know when you heading through. I am planning an overnighter from Dennis Cove to 19E. But I do day hikes 2-3 times a week

Laurel Fork Lodge is pretty plush for a hostel, but its expensive. Its more a cabin resort I think. They charge for every little thing there.
    ''Tennessee Viking'
    Mountains to Sea Trail Hiker & Maintainer
    Former TEHCC (AT) Maintainer

Registered User Frolicking Dinosaurs's Avatar
    Images

I've been to both - as a hiker, Kincora is the best. We stayed at Laurel Creek while doing some section hiking during the prime thru-hiker season in that area to leave the space at Kincora for the thru-hikers. Laurel Creei is a really nice place, has everything a hiker needs, and is dog-friendly but I would still recommend Kincora because it has Bob & Pat Peoples - and they are some of the most wonderful people you will ever meet.

Braemer Castle in Hampton is great too. Never crowded and walking distance to all you need.

Braemar is indeed a nice place......but does it allow dogs?

Images

Sutton, the owner of Braemer Castle, is an awesome guy, but my Wingfoot guide (2006) says pets must be outside.

++ New Posts ++