WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Question Getting to the gathering

Hey guys I have a bit of problem. I'd really like to go to the gathering, but can not drive there. The SO would not approve of our first long distance trip on the motorcycle (only vehicle) being across the country. The problem is that as far as I can tell there is no way to get to Gettysburg without driving. It was suggest that the college shuttle be utilized but as far as I can tell from the website its student only. So since Gettysburg has no airport (I hate flying anyways), and no bus station, how do I get there? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Um, we might be better able to help you if you told us exactly where the hell you'd be coming from.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenrir View Post
    Hey guys I have a bit of problem. I'd really like to go to the gathering, but can not drive there. The SO would not approve of our first long distance trip on the motorcycle (only vehicle) being across the country. The problem is that as far as I can tell there is no way to get to Gettysburg without driving. It was suggest that the college shuttle be utilized but as far as I can tell from the website its student only. So since Gettysburg has no airport (I hate flying anyways), and no bus station, how do I get there? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated
    SO? where you at?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Tarlin View Post
    Um, we might be better able to help you if you told us exactly where the hell you'd be coming from.
    he/she has a location of NOWHERE

Kinda figured I was in the same boat regardless, but I'm coming from Vegas.

bus. train. hitch

He's a real NoWhere man...
    Roland

Normally hitching would be an option from the closest bus terminal to Gettysburg, but I might be going with the SO, so that kind of throws that option out.

You might wanna get in touch with (or check out) ALDHA-West, the westcoast sister organization of ALDHA in case anyone out there is coming.
    Try www.aldhawest.org Also try the Forums at www.trailjournals.com Someone there might now someone coming from the coast, maybe someone's who's about to finish the PCT or something like that.

OK since its getting so close to time, what if I give in and fly? How do I get from the airport to gettysburg? And hour and a half drive....

Thanks

++ New Posts ++