WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Images

Who bought it?
    If not NOW, then WHEN?

ME>GA 2006
    http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?trailname=3277

Instagram hiking photos: five.leafed.clover

Images

Bob McCaw, he is a WB member too.
    SGT Rock
    http://hikinghq.net

My 2008 Trail Journal of the BMT/AT

BMT Thru-Hikers' Guide
    -----------------------------------------

NO SNIVELING

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    Looks like Dan actually did sell the rights to Trailplace and the Handbook.

Trailplace
    If you read carefully, nowhere does it say that Mr. McCaw bought anything. It says he is the "webmaster" and that he will be "editing and updating" the Guide. Dan Bruce's "message" refers to "turning over" the site and that Bob is "assuming the responsibilities." While that may refer to a sale, it may also mean that Dan still owns the site and the book, and that Bob is not an sole owner of anything.

TW
    "Thank God! there is always a Land of Beyond, For us who are true to the trail..." --- Robert Service

Oh gee, sorry consular. Regardless of whether Bob bought it or not, he's apparently taking over both the book and website.

Quote Originally Posted by The Weasel View Post
    If you read carefully, nowhere does it say that Mr. McCaw bought anything. It says he is the "webmaster" and that he will be "editing and updating" the Guide. Dan Bruce's "message" refers to "turning over" the site and that Bob is "assuming the responsibilities." While that may refer to a sale, it may also mean that Dan still owns the site and the book, and that Bob is not an sole owner of anything.

TW
    Typical weasel BS. In the time it took you to write this, you could have confirmed that Bob McCaw owns the domain.
    Roland

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    Oh gee, sorry consular. Regardless of whether Bob bought it or not, he's apparently taking over both the book and website.
    I am neither a consul, nor consular. No one would consider me diplomatic.

As for 'purchase', I've asked about that at the new site, and Bob is free to answer or ignore me. But I think it matters; there is a fair amount of suspicion about Dan, some or perhaps even a lot of it unjustified, and if there is a "clean break," that is one thing, while if he retains control a little or a lot, that may lead to different feelings by past and future members.

TW
    "Thank God! there is always a Land of Beyond, For us who are true to the trail..." --- Robert Service

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    Typical weasel BS. In the time it took you to write this, you could have confirmed that Bob McCaw owns the domain.
    Well, Roland, how great it is that you can be insulting here, although in past days of Wingfoot glory, insults like that by either of us would get us booted from Trailplace.

Words cannot express my tristesse, however, that I'm not as wondrous a geekhead as you are to know how to find out who "registrants' for websites are. You must be so proud to know everything worth knowing. I admire you. By the way, I passed a store today called something like "Psychology Store" (honest) in Royal Oak, Michigan, and they seem to have lives for sale. Give them a call anytime.

Of course, "registrants" are not necessarily the same as "owners." I spent an educational few minutes at "whosis" and found several national domains that may or may not show the "owners." US Air, for instance - the airline - (usair.com) seems to have that domain owned by "Network Solutions." So I still have this question in my mind, but I'm sure Bob McCaw will either answer it, or politely (unlike you) decline.

All my love to the kiddies, Rollie.

TW

Well, Roland, how great it is that you can be insulting here, although in past days of Wingfoot glory, insults like that by either of us would get us booted from Trailplace.

Words cannot express my tristesse, however, that I'm not as wondrous a geekhead as you are to know how to find out who "registrants' for websites are. You must be so proud to know everything worth knowing. I admire you. By the way, I passed a store today called something like "Psychology Store" (honest) in Royal Oak, Michigan, and they seem to have lives for sale. Give them a call anytime.

Of course, "registrants" are not necessarily the same as "owners." I spent an educational few minutes at "whosis" and found several national domains that may or may not show the "owners." US Air, for instance - the airline - (usair.com) seems to have that domain owned by "Network Solutions." So I still have this question in my mind, but I'm sure Bob McCaw will either answer it, or politely (unlike you) decline.

TW
    Thanks for your response, weasel. It's what I've come to expect from you.
    Roland

Images

TW
    Well, good luck to anyone. I'd wager that the known owners of this site would like to stay out of the speculation business regarding trailplace.
    That's my dog, Echo. He's a fine young dog.

TW
    Last edited by Lone Wolf; 10-24-2007 at 19:49. Reason: he ain't worth it

Journal Entries
    Images

TW, I think you are confusing a registrar with a registrant.

USAir owns the domain name.

If they didn't their legal team would get it for them.

Simple as that.

Images

Hey rick, are you now the geekhead with no life?
    That's my dog, Echo. He's a fine young dog.

This thread needs more beer.

Images

Damn.

I wish I'd quoted Wolf's post when I had the chance.

I didn't stop laughing in time.
    Skids

Insanity: Asking about inseams over and over again and expecting different results.
    Albert Einstein, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Skidsteer View Post
    Damn.

I wish I'd quoted Wolf's post when I had the chance.

I didn't stop laughing in time.
    sorry dude

Journal Entries
    Images

Hey rick, are you now the geekhead with no life?

Geekhead? No, but you are probably half right.

Images

I see Weasel's point. Just because Bob now owns it doesn't mean WF sold it to him outright and it doesn't mean he gave it to him outright either.

I say give him a chance and see what happens.
    SGT Rock
    http://hikinghq.net

My 2008 Trail Journal of the BMT/AT

BMT Thru-Hikers' Guide
    -----------------------------------------

NO SNIVELING

Quote Originally Posted by SGT Rock View Post
    I see Weasel's point. Just because Bob now owns it doesn't mean WF sold it to him outright and it doesn't mean he gave it to him outright either.
    And it really is no one's business except for Mr. McCaw and Mr. Bruce.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
++ New Posts ++