WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: 09 Nobo....

Default 09 Nobo....

rolleyes: Hello Everyone, I am new to White Blazes, I have read and thought about the AT for about 15 years now. (it has been calling me-so to speak) I am a 52 M living in Key West Florida, I am clearing my calender for a 09 thru-hike starting in March/April. Looking for a hiking partner to go with, I will not have a set schedule to finish, but my goal is for sure to finish, am not interested in a large group, perhaps jus two or maybe 3.

Im pretty easy going and laid back kinda person, easy to get along with. Healthy and ready to hike, am still fine-tuning my hiking plans. It would be nice to get to know someone a little between now and then, if anybody interested.....let me know....Alb

Quote Originally Posted by iamduesouth View Post
    rolleyes: Hello Everyone, I am new to White Blazes, I have read and thought about the AT for about 15 years now. (it has been calling me-so to speak) I am a 52 M living in Key West Florida, I am clearing my calender for a 09 thru-hike starting in March/April. Looking for a hiking partner to go with, I will not have a set schedule to finish, but my goal is for sure to finish, am not interested in a large group, perhaps jus two or maybe 3.

Im pretty easy going and laid back kinda person, easy to get along with. Healthy and ready to hike, am still fine-tuning my hiking plans. It would be nice to get to know someone a little between now and then, if anybody interested.....let me know....Alb
    Hi! I read your post and am also planning an '09 thru-hike. I wanted to go this year but had to postpone due to family obligations and other responsibilities. I wanted to do a thru-hike way back in the early '90s but it never materialized. My girlfriend learned I was interested in it, and she rekindled my desire for it. This past year I bought all my gear and my boots and now I plan for an '09 hike. I know that a thru hike is a massive undertaking, and I plan to take it slow and easy and allow at least six months for this adventure. One of the things I think would be smart is at least starting out with potential thru hikers, I feel that at least in the beginning it would be good to be around others attempting the same feat. Maybe if interested we can correspond and discuss logistics and details. DapperD

++ New Posts ++