WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

Question Harpers Ferry Info(transpertation)

I Am Planning I Hike In May From Pa To Va Line ,is There Any Bus Service In Harpers Ferry ,i Need I Ride Back To Pen Mar Pa. Need Info
    wolf

Default Harper's info....

Two ideas for Harper's Ferry information: Contact the information desk at the Appalachian Trail Conference, which is located right in Harper's Ferry (www.atconf.org); or call the very friendly folks at the Outfitter at Harper's Ferry (304)535-2087, who can answer all of your questions.

My personal guess is that for bus service you'd have to go via nearby Charles Town or Martinsburg.

Default Amtrak

I don't think there is bus service in Harpers Ferry. Probably goes into Charlestown, a nearby town.
    However, there is both Amtrak (one train every day each way) and Maryland Comuter rail service to and from DC.

Doubtful about Charles Town; there is service in Winchester VA or Frederick MD.

Alternative idea: There's excellent train service to Harper's from Washington DC and it probably doesn't cost much more than a bus would; the Amtrak station in Harper's is practically within sight of the Trail and the center of town.

++ New Posts ++