WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

Default AT /American History

227 years ago today, the Overmountain men from NC, VA, and what is today TN, rode through Yellow Mountain Pass (on today's modern AT) in a snowstorm and went on to defeat the British in the battle of Kings Mountain in SC. I salute those men and their ancestors who fought for and still defend our American way of life (liberals and conservatives).

Default More AT/American history

In Sheffield, Mass., 220 years ago, another rebellion peaked, this time against high taxes.
    The legendary Daniel Shays(honored Revolutinary War Veteran), western Mass farmers and militia revolted against the Massachusetts government.
    A battle was fought in Sheffield and a monument stands beside the AT where this battle was fought.
    Much good came from this rebellion. For one,the government realized it could not strong-arm good countryfolk into bowing to their greedy ways!
    WALK ON

the hiker formaly known as Wonderfoot
    Images

I've recently read about the Overmountain men. I'm really impressed with what they gave to the Revolution. I was really only familiar with the history from home(Valley Forge) before, but now, I'm enjoying learning about how the R.W. affected the southern states.

The long brown path before me leading wherever I choose............................................ ...
    Strong and content I travel the open road
    ~Walt Whitman Song of the open road

++ New Posts ++